I was wondering something

I currently have an Emac computer. Here are th specs:

40 GB HDD (about 15% full)
512 RAM
1.25 GHZ chip
167 Bus Memory
L2 cache per CPU: 512 KB

I have a computer that is alot slower than this emac and it runs alot faster and I'm just wondering why.... I think it's because all MAC computers suck, but there could be another reason. My old computer uses Intel. Here are the spec on my old computer:

8 GB HDD (almost totally full)
128 RAM
466 MHZ chip
Bus Memory: 400 and something
L2 cache : I'm not quite sure but I think it was 512

Well, Apple computers usually run faster than comparable PC setups. Perhaps there is something wrong with your eMac?

You might be surprised that w98 is a whole lot faster.
but mostly the speed of the computer is based on not just ram usage but applications and background transference of information such as automatic updates and the likes trying to call home regularly. These things are not visible and are hard to detect even with sppa to track.

No, I'm using it for web browsing, powerpoint, word documents, and other school related programs. I have played neopets on here to see what would happen. Most of the time the games are a little laggy. Also the school let me lease this Emac for $1.00 per school year. I'm starting to understand why $1.00. I don't know if the computer it new. It looks new... and came is a nice new box, but maybe some other student screwed it up before me.

Back
Top Bottom