The fastest laptop is....a Dell?!

alvino

Golden Master
It turns out that Dell's latest notebook, the XPS Inspiron Gen 2 is the fastest laptop out in the market today, beating out Falcon Northwest and Alienware. cNet, Computer Gaming World etc have all reviewed it and testified that the XPS is TRUELY the fastest laptop in the market. If the website doesn't prove it to you, I saw it with my own eyes at Barnes & Noble, reading CGW.

http://www1.us.dell.com/content/pro...aspx/inspn_xps2?c=us&cs=19&l=en&s=dhs&~ck=mn#

i recon itll fall apart soon.... i dont think ive heard anything good about the dell build quality...

phessh... its only pent. m. the alienware is a 3.4 i think. shouldnt it be faster? interseting... and look at the price.. you could almost buy a freakin car...

thats too chunky for my liking, i like thin laptops... and thats way too expensive... i wouldnt buy a dell for that price...

My friend has the standard laptop like that(inspiron or whatever) with the 6800 in it and a Centrino. I must say the screen on that thing is AWSOME and it performs quite well. I'll have to ask him how it's doing in a while ;)

bah... id just get a desktop, high performance and all. screw a labtop... mobility and all taht but they dont have many amd's out there, obviosly what i prefer. lol... my labtop is, of course, which is why i got it. so yeah. i wish they would come out with an fx-55 mobile for labtios... that would be sweet.

jac006 said:
phessh... its only pent. m. the alienware is a 3.4 i think. shouldnt it be faster? interseting... and look at the price.. you could almost buy a freakin car...

Never underestimate the power of an Intel Pentium M. Pentium 4's are heat-leakers & power-wasters. They will continue to be even through the Pentium D series. The Pentium M is a very good processor. It uses very low power and has extremely good performance while staying cool.

$2,000 for a notebook isn't that much. Alienware and Falcon Northwest notebooks cost even more.

mark thorpe said:
i recon itll fall apart soon.... i dont think ive heard anything good about the dell build quality...

Well the XPS is the Uber Top series that Dell has to offer, so I think they would put extra care into building them. Becides, Dell's quality isn't THAT bad...I only hate the Customer Service. Their desktops are good for entry-level users, and their Latitude notebooks are very good ultrathin laptops, while the Inspiron is a good all-around notebook for all purposes. People should really give Dell a chance before giving second-hand opinions...

jac006 said:
bah... id just get a desktop, high performance and all. screw a labtop... mobility and all taht but they dont have many amd's out there, obviosly what i prefer. lol... my labtop is, of course, which is why i got it. so yeah. i wish they would come out with an fx-55 mobile for labtios... that would be sweet.

You could get the HP Livestrong Edition notebook. It uses an AMD Athlon Turion processor. It's AMD's version of the Pentium M. The Turion is a potentially good mobile processor, but the Pentium M obviously has had the time-proven advantage.

A Mobile FX-55 would literally eat up a notebook's batteries in an hour or two...it's just not practical.

yeah, but still... think about the power. just have some extra batteries and viola! lol... its not practical and i kno ur right about the pent. m and i agree that it is a good cpu, the best from intel actually, but i do like to think about it, u know what i mean?

Yeah, but current battery technology isn't really that good yet. If it was better, notebooks would be so much more popular. Yeah, the Pentium M, in my opinion, is Intel's best processor too. I know what you mean, I was just awnsering it with some realistic awnsers that's all. I like how you still question things, even when it's perfectly fine for the time being though...such a quality would serve you well when finding a job.

Back
Top Bottom