Make Windows XP faster

[QUOTE lurkswithin]spybot search and destroy: [="http://www.majorgeeks.com/download2471.html"] [/QUOTE]

please be caerful with that, I completely buggered up my computer with that, had to format the hard drive and re-install windows, nothing worked...please be careful

see if there are any processes that are no use press Ctrl+Alt+delete and at the top bar click processes (im sure you know that, just in case you dont) i think you can end any on another user

stop any unnessacerry processes, but not important ones (they're usually the ones with "system process" next to them, but the most of the others are probably important too

sp2 is a little temperamental...

Just make a clean install of xp with sp2...

and then you can add all that you want, including malware...

There has to be a better way than reinstalling windows. Any other suggestions? (Thanks for all the tips though guys!)

bigbondfan said:
How can you make windows xp faster, mine is running slow ever since i put SP2 on it. I have 768 MB RAM, amd athlon 1.67 ghz.

Dude it would be real helpful if you posted the specs on your system. Mother board make and model. Things like cpu and what type of and how much ram you have. Also hard drives what make and model. I think there is something we're not getting here. SP2 is a pain for some but if installed properly it's ok.

Just repaired windows after disk defragmentor ruined it. I've tried all the suggested software, but Ad-Aware SE just crashes. I've also removed 1025 virus infected files. I've turned off indexing service, turned down the system resore thing, uninstalled old useless software and windows components, but it still takes about 5 minutes to just log on (well, at least it boots quicker now)

I'll try and find the english version... i know there is one since i have it

EDIT: xpTuner
Not sure if its the right one, but its the closet i could get

bigbondfan said:
Just repaired windows after disk defragmentor ruined it. I've tried all the suggested software, but Ad-Aware SE just crashes. I've also removed 1025 virus infected files. I've turned off indexing service, turned down the system resore thing, uninstalled old useless software and windows components, but it still takes about 5 minutes to just log on (well, at least it boots quicker now)

After all that events I don't believe you can make Windows go any faster. Is Windows Reinstal a viable option for you? Maybe its time to start afresh.

Back
Top Bottom