Outragous

im gonna keep my nouth shut because ive had experience with these disucussions and i dont wanna start somebody flaming me or any thing like that so yeha... lol. its good, this discussion. i just dont want to cause it to close so right now im not saying anything. but, if it does get to the point where i must intervene, i will. but for the time being, yeah.

mark thorpe said:
okay, didnt see that... my dad works in a dead end job at ford, on a pretty low salary, and has just been divorced by my mum... so he hasnt got any riches what so ever... this is a sterotype... my mum and grandparents saved up for me to go to a good school (all the state schools around here are not very good...) and thats the only reason why i go to a private school... because of my mum and granparents, i havne even seen my dad for about 6 months, and have only spoken to him like 3 times since he was thrown out by the courts...

so what you said about daddies fortunes is sterotypical, and false...

yeah, there are some rich people at private schools (well, def. mine) but generally its just people with who have saved up and arent rich at all, Mark, I wasn't referring to you saying i will live off my fathers riches, I believe it was root

son of a kai i hate those damned snotty rich people who think everyone who isnt as rich as them is below them. they think because theyre rich they dont have to work like the rest of us.
altho i hate private skools im planning to be going to a private high skool cuz they got hot girls there. and the girls uniforms are skirts.

i know it wasnt you, i pressed the wrong quote button... sorry... lol

and yeah, there are some rich people, but the majority of the people that go there, their parents have saved up for it...

mr.monger said:
son of a kai i hate those damned snotty rich people who think everyone who isnt as rich as them is below them. they think because theyre rich they dont have to work like the rest of us.
altho i hate private skools im planning to be going to a private high skool cuz they got hot girls there. and the girls uniforms are skirts.

I am somewhat confused, surely if you are going to a private school, you cant hate them.
Please, please please please please dont call people snotty rich people, the large majority are very nice people, I happen to know some extremely rich people, and some are my best friends. THEY DO NOT THINK PEOPLE WHO ARENT AS RICH AS THEM ARE BELOW THEM, I am in fact very far from rich, how could I possibly be friends with people a lot richer than me if they think I am below them, a very very very common misconception. I am personally offended, so please dont post anything like that again or I afraid I will do something I will later regret i.e. get the thread locked
Lets keep it on the subject on which I first intended it to be... the article, not rich people and their attitudes, I DO NOT WANT TO GET THIS THREAD LOCKED, I AM FED UP WITH THREADS BEINNG LOCKED (this is not anything against the mods, they merely do their job, it is against the people who get threads locked)

the words "posh knobs" is not an insult, it's simply a turn of phrase meaning well to do...

and yes it was a stero type, but no more of a stero type than the state schol scum remarks or the 99% chav remarks either...

indeed lets kepp the thread open by not slagging of either public or private school people...

My point was, (and stil stands) that I d know plenty of people who attended public schools who droppde out after GCSE level, or dropped out at college level or dropped out during uni...

the first point I was trying to make was that attendnig a public school where you have to pay to be educated does not automatically make you a better class citizen, or a better candidate for university. it might be that your frind in question who was turned down for a university placement did well, but not well enough, whilst someone in a private (state) school did better, and was therefore more deserved of that universty place... without asessing each case on it's individual merits nobody here can really say...

My second point I was trying to make, (and from the reaction I feel I made it rather well) was that not everybody attending private (state) schools are drop out drug addict chav scum...

Certainly the openeing staements that were to the effect of "since the scum are encouraged to go to uni, I'll be doing an apprenticeship" does not help anyone, maybe if you took the time to get to know some of the people from these chav scum schools then ou'd realise that there are some decent people that attend.

@techy geek,
your father might have written a clause that you canot just inherrit his business, but not everybody does, there are a vast amount of young people (both in public and private schools) who will assume that they needn't try in life because they will have things handed to them.

ive applied for an apprentaship because the unis are taking less and less people from private (paid for) schools...

i stand by what i said about the state school people getting accepted into uni because they are from state schools, and i think that, as i said before, they shouldnt be accepted in just to meet government targets... that was what i was trying to say, as i said before, im sorry for saying what i did, i was annoyed at the time, and shoudlnt have said that... and for that i apologise...

around harlow (near where i live) there are an awful lot of chav drop out scum, and most of them are like 12 years old...

i do know quite a few people from state schools, most are druggies, but yes, there are a few people that have a decent future... not many, but there are some... and these people are the ones that dont get involved with smoking and drugs...

and as i said, i am not rich/snobbish/whatever, my parents are seperated, i havnt seen my dad for ages, etc... so i dont stand any chance of living off his riches... (not that he has any...)

Knight said:
I've heard people say that before but I've always failed to see how it is true. Can you please explain more of that for me? (I'm serious too, not mocking you)
I wanted to go to MIT (Mass. Inst of Tech.) which was the best at the time. I studied and worked my ass off since the 9th grade,which was jr.high here at the time. I graduated with honors and applied to them for admittance, was accepted to take an admittance exam and traveled 1800 miles to take it. I passed the exam, but just barely, and was accepted for the following fall/winter semester. right before it was time to go, I received a letter, regretting that there was an error in my acceptance and that I was no longer in accord to their standards.
Needless to say I used some political pull to find out what the deal was and because of the politics that were involved, an exception was to be made in my case and I was to be admitted after all. The whole thing came about because 3 families that came from the area and had money and donated it to the college ($30,000us each) to build a new building, to get their sons admitted which non of them had better than a 3.6 GPA. I had a 4.0. They did not even take the admittance test.
Now before you go and say there is no way for me to know that or find that out or anything like that comeing from the backwoods of Texas. Well at the time this took place , my mother's English teacher and Old family friend, had just gotten elected as V.P. of these United States. So yes I do believe that I was given the right info on this deal.
By the way, I told MIT that they were not good enough for me any more. But because of all this garbage, I was delayed another semester, But I still got my education.
Any way I have first hand knowledge that it happens and it still happens today.

lurkswithin said:
Knight said:
Now before you go and say there is no way for me to know that or find that out or anything like that comeing from the backwoods of Texas. Well at the time this took place , my mother's English teacher and Old family friend, had just gotten elected as V.P. of these United States. So yes I do believe that I was given the right info on this deal.
Now that's some serious influence to have. I llke that... :D

Back
Top Bottom