Can someone check this?

Ð88

Fully Optimized
I'm building a computer and this just so happens to be the first one I have ever attempted to build. I was hoping someone could check this out and assure me that it is all compatible before I go ahead and start ordering parts.

CPU: AMD Athlon 3500+ socket939
MOBO: ASUS A8N SLI Deluxe Socket939
RAM: Corsair PC3200 TwinX xl latency 1024MB (2 x 512MB)
Harddrive: Western Digital 160GB 7200rpm
Graphics: Chaintech GeForce 6600GT 128MB DDR3 (what's the difference between chaintech's version of this and the one made by XFX? And i guess there is a lot of other manufacturers of this. I just don't understand it. lol)
PSU: Not sure just yet but something around 400-450W
Case: Can't really decide yet. I like the Xion II Mid-tower. Any suggestions?

These are the main parts I need checked, of course there's others like the operating system, sound card etc. but they should be good for now. So if anyone can help that would be great!

yeah, get rid of the chaincrap 6600 gt, go with the xfx version.
everything else looks kickass.

oh i c...chaintech is not so good? In that case, the sound card I was looking at is also made by chaintech. Maybe something else would be better.

try creative. they have real good cards. the audigy 2zs i think it is. 7.1 audio.

Erm wouldn't your mobo have a sound onboard? Also why get a AMD 3500 that runs at 2.2 GHz where you can get a AMD 3000 that runs at 1.8GHz and can OC to 2.2

I would prefer not to overclock if I can seeing as I don't know when I will buying another computer and I understand that overclocking puts a lot more stress on the life of a computer. But still if I decide I want to overclock, why not overclock the 3500 from 2.2GHz to 2.4GHz or higher? That would be insane performance. And on another note, I have the money to buy the 3500 so why not right?

And I think you might be right Nik about the mobo having some sort of sound card on it but I don't know for sure. Can anyone verify that?

Back
Top Bottom