Making forums

Andrew2020

In Runtime
I have a dedicated server with windows server 2003. I am thinking of opening some sort of forum. Does anyone have any good ideas for a topic for this forum?

What are you interested in? Administrating a forum can become a burden if you're not interested in the topic that the forum is based around (i.e, Say you love dogs and know nothing about astronomy. You wouldn't want to have to administrate a forum talking about the particle physics involved in multidimensional space now would you?) I'd say make a forum with a topic that you are interested in. If it was me, I would make the topic be over programming languages and securities.

Now if you are allowing people to pay you to allow them to use your server for their forums, I'd say let them make the forums around their own topic (while still keeping it legal, i.e. no warez and crap like that)

It's damn hard to get forum members, I started mine one month ago and spent most of my time on it, but it's still so quiet.

It takes some time. Believe me. The best way to get members is to post your forums on search engines, such as Google, Yahoo, etc.. Also, if other forums allow it, advertise your forum on other forums.

hurricane_sh said:
It's damn hard to get forum members, I started mine one month ago and spent most of my time on it, but it's still so quiet.

You need to advertise.... Put your site on all your images post them many places and if people hotlink off you they advertise for you it all works out.. My site has no point and it sucks but it did take me alot of time.... I have over 1200 hit"s on my site so it works..

True, i agree, it hard to get members nowadays esp with so many forum around but i believe with a very good topics, your forum will still grow but it take time. Baby can walk once they are born.

Back
Top Bottom