European constitution...

Status
Not open for further replies.

mark thorpe

Golden Master
thank god the dutch put a stop to this... the french started off the 'no' vote, and now the dutch have said 'no'... hopefully that means that the euro wont be coming to the UK... im perfectly happy with the pound...

opinions everyone...

I think the euro might have been good. but then i think a snigle worldwide currency would be even better. though at present its impossible.

I think the whole EU is a joke.

The EU has stopped Scots fishing the waters they have made a living from for hundreds of years.

They introduce "equality" policies, such as food hygiene control. Look at the standards resturants in the Uk have to meet. Now go abroad (Spanish Islands are a good example) and find one restaurant that has to meet a shigh a standards!
It just aint fair.

Our goverment seems to want to hand over more and more power to the EU. I dont get it. I would definetly say no to an EU constituion. it just is not possible in present circumstances.

agreed 100%... and the fishing in scotland is excellent... i wanna go salmon&trout fishing up there before they net all the fish out of the rivers...

The Euro has been very bad to the economies it has been in use for. It has damaged exports and caused prices to skyrocket across Europe. I'm glad to see the isolationist constitution that was put forward was knocked down. This constitution was not pro-free market.

And in Spain, health standards are very high. Don't insult my country.

Bugger, I was sweating on the UK going for the € and dump the £. When I get my British pension in five years time, I'd get more money on the currency exchange rate...
My Vote = YES

he said spanish islands not spain... not exactly the same thing...

i think that it will make the UK go downhill if we get the euro instead of the pound... and i really cant be bothered to change all my money to euros...

Giancarlo said:
And in Spain, health standards are very high. Don't insult my country.

I was not deliberately having a dig at your favourite resturant. but in the islands, (Tenerife, Gran Canaria etc..) The big tourist spots! some of the resturants are disgusting. have no food hygiene standards at all. If that was in the Uk the owner would be put in prison or something!

But over there its completely different - and yet we are all "equal" in europe.

Reminds me of George Orwell... "All Pigs are equal, but some are more equal than others" - Animal Farm Novel

mark thorpe said:
he said spanish islands not spain... not exactly the same thing...

Still talking about the same country are we not?

i think that it will make the UK go downhill if we get the euro instead of the pound... and i really cant be bothered to change all my money to euros...

The Italian economy is now in a slowdown because of the euro.. because of higher prices. I'm happy to see someone in Europe has some good sense...

jay8990 said:
I was not deliberately having a dig at your favourite resturant. but in the islands, (Tenerife, Gran Canaria etc..) The big tourist spots! some of the resturants are disgusting. have no food hygiene standards at all. If that was in the Uk the owner would be put in prison or something!

I don't even live in Spain.. at the moment. I'm from Spain. If you don't like the restaurants then don't go to them. Same thing in the US, you don't see me going to $.99 Chinese restaurants.. cause I know they serve up cat meat. There are controls here too, but the authorities don't have the time to investigate every single thing. Maybe I suggest complaining to the Department of Health.

Giancarlo said:
Still talking about the same country are we not?

The Italian economy is now in a slowdown because of the euro.. because of higher prices. I'm happy to see someone in Europe has some good sense...

i think that he was talking about the islands, not the mainland, yes its the same country, but on the mainland it probably isnt too bad... i wouldnt know because ive never been there...

and yeah, i do think that its a very bad idea to introduce the euro...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom