Outragous

Techy Geek

Daemon Poster
I just found this and was disgusted
http://www.timesonline.co.uk/article/0,,2087-1632469,00.html
Universities will offer places to state school candidates over public school candidates, even if the one from the public school gets better marks. The government wants the universities to make it 75%+ state school kids, whether they do better or not (thats what I understood from the article, without checking it)
Surely people should be offered places on their marks, not which school they come from. I think its because the governement and political correctness don't want to see those from public schools get into top universites over state school children, becuase the government wants to ban them (public schools, not universities, although im sure thats next on the list). Absolutely rediculous (cant spell for toffee, or indeed anything else) , what do you think???

its called political correctness.....

they have to take in scum to boost up the governments figures... they dont look 6 months down the line when half of the bastards drop out of the universities...

thats why im trying to get into an apprentaship instead of looking towards uni... its a complete fucking joke, and its leading to hundreds of clever kids being thrown out im prefrence to scum...

Damn right, I wanna go to Cambridge, I just have to hope the Tories stop Labour before they screw up the country for everyone. I don't want to have to go to some other cr*p uni because some thick sh*t got in there because the government doesnt like people paying for their education. I think it should go to the better man, whoever gets the better marks should get in, irrespective of their social background
NB Im not saying all people from state schools are thick, some are intelligent, but with 75% of people getting into the top uni's, theres gonna be some arent there

We have been dealing with that in the States for years. It's called integration of the minorities.

yeah, i think the lib dems have the best policies... but the tories are better than labour... blairs just an ahole... and hes taking the country down...

its politiclly incorrect for them to allow clever people into university... equal oppertunities and all that crap... look 6 months down the line, and half of them drop out... so those places coulda been used for people worth putting into uni...

sorry... this topic kinda pisses me off... lol

mark thorpe said:
sorry... this topic kinda pisses me off... lol

lol, yeah, pisses me off too.
Loads of people are against public schools, why the hell??? My sister is just going from a state school to a local pulic school for girls, been getting a lotta stuff like "oooh, posh girl are we" and that kinda crap. No, we're not posh, neither are we rich, to be honest, I dont know how we pay for my and my sister, my dads a builder and my mum does jack all. Im sure, however that if those people were going to a "posh place" thwy wouldnt be saying that. I say all chavs should be shot, and when the posh revolution comes, they'll be first up against the wall

You guys should try some of the reforms Bush has been doing to the education system here in the US. They have been pretty successful.

Techy Geek said:
lol, yeah, pisses me off too.
Loads of people are against public schools, why the hell??? My sister is just going from a state school to a local pulic school for girls, been getting a lotta stuff like "oooh, posh girl are we" and that kinda crap. No, we're not posh, neither are we rich, to be honest, I dont know how we pay for my and my sister, my dads a builder and my mum does jack all. Im sure, however that if those people were going to a "posh place" thwy wouldnt be saying that. I say all chavs should be shot, and when the posh revolution comes, they'll be first up against the wall

lol, thats basiclly what i think...
my gran pays for me to go to school... my parents are divorced, with my dad not paying anything at all for any of us, and my mum cant work and is on benefits, so we are anything but rich and posh...

chavs are sooooooooooo annoying... they should start a new sport... chav shooting, id enjoy that... shoot the bastards... and the way they think they are 'cool' because they go around in hoodys smoking drugs... yeah... so cool :rolleyes: hopefully they will all be dead in a couple of years...

if it wasnt for my gran paying for my education, i wouldnt be able to go to a good school, and would probably have like 10 U's instead of 10 A-C's... the schools around here are absolutley crap... one of them says that 60% of their students get grade A-C's... in my school, 95% of people get more than 5 A-C's or something like that...

grrrrrrrrrrrrr...

I went to private schools (state schools) all my life and still got 10 GCSE grade A - C...
I got three good A levels and went to Uni and graduated with a good degree...

Alternatly there were people who went to the asme scol as me who got ten GCSE's grade e - u, didn't do Alevels and didn't go to uni...

it's not the school that maters it's the individuals drive to better themselves...
I look around no and whilst I'm climbing a career ladder, the other people are fnie to collect benefits, and make babies...

oh well, each to their own...

Back
Top Bottom