Windows X64 upgrade?

The_Other_One

Daemon Poster
What offical progams out there actually support 64bit? I don't mean simply running in 32bit, but ones that actually take advantage and run faster due to this? I'm considering upgrading, but I'm not sure if it's worth it...

I'm sure it will be a worthy upgrade. Have to make sure your hardware supports it though (drivers). Games or programs that utilizes 64-bit will be much improved and there are already companies that are coming out with 64-bit compatible software. I would wait a bit longer though. Im' looking into getting Longhorn when it comes out next year.

Ah, yeah, that might be a better upgrade. Well our computers are much the same so if yours supports it mine should ;P

Oh yeah, our current specs should support X64 or Longhorn. I'm sure they will also include basic drivers for CD ROMS, mouse, display adapters, etc. Yeah, we should wait for Longhorn to come out. That will be a significant upgrade as far as OS goes. I just hope I can afford to buy one.

From looking at your specs, you have a much better setup in every category except for RAM and DVD burner. We have the same in that department. Those Raptor drives probably kick ass but so expensive. I know that hard drive technology will start changing next year so be on the lookout for that.

I just tried Longhorn on my old system... WOW, they sure have a long ways to go. I might just install X64 on this sytem and wait a while for Longhorn -.-

No, no. What I meant was that we have the same memory and burner specs so no difference there, but as far as CPU, video card, and hard drive is concerened, you have a better setup than I.

the 64bit right now is crap, i wouldnt advise it to know one at the moment so many Kinks in it i dam couldnt even get the net working for some odd reason. it was retarted, and most drivers for your MOBO and what ever isnt supported by the 64bit, never tryed Longhorn though. Owell i wouldnt recomend doing it. Just me had a fowl Exsperiance with it.

The betas are all buggy, but the final retail version of Longhorn should do just fine. I'm looking forward to seeing the system requirements (specs) for Longhorn.

Back
Top Bottom