Anyone got one of these?

Ratings can't always be trusting..
A lot of people really don't write a review, until things go wrong.

As far as that power supply, it does seem very nice.. :)

I was just lucky to find a case with a good PSU I guess.

I'm not saying all low cost PSUs are good (oh god no... I had my own experiences).. but I have this thing on full load.. and have had it for like six months now. My computer is almost never off. I have like 9 80mm fans in my machine... a video card that requires an extra power cable.. etc..

I dont mean rating fromUSER who rate ...I mena big companies....(uhhh like pc magz and stuff.....Mmmm yea)

Well the demon power supply from what i heard has good reviews from reviewers... it is not a bad PSU. it is a very good one considering how much I put it through.

Giancarlo said:
Bad ratings? You should investigate before you bad mouth a power supply. My power supply happens to be very reliable. i put it through a lot of strain.. my computer is often on for 7-8 hours when i'm out..

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16817163018

Most people were very satisfied... average rating on newegg is 4 out of 5 stars.

Oh dear...Powmax is one of the worst PSU manufacturers out there... One time, I made the mistake of buying a Powmax 300w PSU for my Mom's computer, and the moment I turned it on, it powered up for like 2 seconds and died. I went through 2 of those before I finally had enough and got a Antec PSU, which manufactures some of the most reliable and best PSU's out in the market. They get really good ratings and reviews from computer magazines and online sites.

oh dear nothing. This thing has been working very well for me and three of my friends who I recommended it too. It has been one of the best for me. antec is the one that burned out for me last time.. 350 watt power supply... terrible... just terrible. also $50 out of my pocket.

And you aren't using a powmax demon are you? it isn't 350 watts. So how could you know if it is bad?

Allied PSU...

Mines doing a great job for my set up. Allied 400watt. Extra long cords and quiet as a mouse. I've got a couple of PowMax 350watt models that work ok but ones got a whistle comming from it meaning a filter cap is about to go. I have that one set up as a bench power supply. That Extreme Gamer Vigor400 is one I would not reccomend to any one. 6 weeks to the hour it smoked.

Well i'm recommending the 480 watt powmax Demon power supply.. a totally new line by Powmax. good long cords that light up... the demon has lasted me for months upon months, and i often keep this machine up all day.

If I can get this straight a bit...

you buy a low power PSU... load it up, and when it breaks you say the manufaturer is shite?

that doesn't make sense at all... if you buy a small power PSU you are bound to run into trouble...

FYI 7-8 hours on at a time isn't really straining a PSU, especially when you are out and the system is idling (so to speak)...

I've only ever had two PSU's break...

1 was because I tried to perform some maintanance whilst the machine was on... (bad idea, also broke the main board)

2, low power cheap psu just broke,

I then went out and bought a nice big PSU, highest power rating in the shop, 550W lovely duel fans, and for obsure reason I don't know it's gold plated...

so yes, it was expensive, yes it was a good brand, but thats not the point...

ample power is worth more than a sticker on the side of the box...

Back
Top Bottom