Gaming Proc Choice??

SwitchBlade305

Baseband Member
Hello I was just wondering whats overall a better Gaming Proc. The AMD 64 BIT CPUS, or the newer p4s, like the 3.0 and the 3.2 ghz. And for the 64 BIT cpus, im looking at either the 3000+ at the cheapest, or the 3200+ or if i can srounge the money the 3500+. I was told that overall AMD is MUCH better for gaming preformance wise, frams per second, etc. And why are the AMD 64 bits cpus so much more expensive than the 3.0 and 3.2 ghs P4?? Last time i checked, the LGA 775 p4 went for like around 200 or something , where as the 64 BIT AMD goes for like 250 and some of them even 400 and 500 $$. And one more thing, how are PSUs that come with a case?? Are they stable?? Ive heard from many people that if you get a good case with lets say a 450 Watt PSU or 500 watt PSU, that they have no problems with it. Other people say replace it, because it is cheap, and buy something a little bit more expensive , but will hold up for a long time. Any help would be FANTASTIC, Thanks again!!

Steve

Lol dont ask on here .....WE ALL FAVOR ONE OR THE OTHER!I have used a good amd and good pentium system....and i favor one like the rest of us sooo.....GET A P4!

AVOID THE P4. It will perform sub-par in your games. I mean, exgamer come on.. he's asking about a gaming CPU. We know AMD and Intel pretty much run neck-to-neck in multitasking.. but AMD really wins big time in gaming.

"And why are the AMD 64 bits cpus so much more expensive than the 3.0 and 3.2 ghs P4??"

They aren't. I don't know where you are checking but where I get my products from they are in fact cheaper. It seems you are buying from a place that is overpriced big time. AMD is very fast, runs cooler, and puts the P4 out of its misery in games.

http://www.newegg.com

totally amd. 3500+ will whoop any freakin intel 3.0 - 3.4 anyday. serously... the benchmarks on amd.com are sweet. check em out. and thank u gian, i like ur words. too true! :)

Even my sweet little socket 754 AMD 64 3000+.. which i got pushed to 2.2GHz whips the Intel 3.0GHz (with HT)...

hehe, ive heard different things, people have said that AMD benchmark wise and fps wise is higher in the newer games, to be honest with ya, i wouldnt know. I use an AMD , and its holding out great for me, and it runs most of the newer games pretty playable, at 1.8 ghz. Lol, Can anyone tell me what year the Athlon xp 2000+ was released? I think this proc goes back to like 2002 or something.

yeah, im thinking about putting together a new system with my stepbro, I havent had a lot of hands on work with building pcs, but come on, I mean, how hard can it be? :p heres what im looking at for a BUDGET to mid lvl gaming pc, let me know what you think

AMD Athlon 64 3000+ Integrated into Chip FSB Socket 754 Processor

ASUS K8N ATX AMD Motherboard

CORSAIR XMS 1GB (2 x 512MB) 184-Pin DDR SDRAM Dual Channel Kit System

XFX Geforce 6800GT 256MB 256-bit GDDR3 AGP 4X/8X Video Card or CHAINTECH AA6800GA1 Video Card , both 6800 GT, 256mb , 256 bit

Western Digital Caviar SE WD800JD 3.5" Serial ATA150 Hard Drive

XION Ultimate Engineering XON-002 Black/Silver Computer Case With Side Panel Window

Pretty much all of the stuff im looking at , might get better proc, well see what happens.

I perfer AMD. I consider AMD more elite then intel. Intel is good for office work. I personnaly think its just personnel opionion. I doubt their much diff. But I like AMD. So I stick AMD. I'm getting a AMD 3000 which will clock out at about 2.2ghz.

You people are retarded. Intel is obviously the best. The best in gaming, multitasking, the whole works, I think everybody is being paranoid because they see that everybody else has AMD but the truth is AMD is crap, only FX-55 is good.

But....I like AMD better

Back
Top Bottom