The weirdess thing just happen with my internet

Dishdog

Fully Optimized
I have the problem fixed now but all morning my internet wasn't working and i couldn't figure out why. so when i came home at lunch i unplugged everything to do with the modem and plugged it back in. that didn't work, but while i was at the back of my computer i noticed that one of my speaker plugs was out. when i plugged iut back in...PUFF!!! internet works.

Hmm.... its probably because your modem is still dialup and needs the speaker to send out data signals to connect :p

Hmm...weird then... I can't see how that would have been causing it... oh well :p You sure you didn't knock something else? Or maybe, it would have worked anyway at that exact point in time :eek:

wtf? that is weird. I'm guessing a loose cable... or a wire was crushed like my ethernet cable that won't work very well. It will only work for a few minutes then cut off because part of it has a dent and the wire is slightly cut. Hmm.... I should get a new one.

On a older co mputer I had this happen. When ever the speaker would be unplugged the internet would be down. we never figured out what the problem was. But I guess maybe a cable was loose and when you would plug it the cable wouldn't be lose anymore.

lol.... nice one steven... but yeay. maybe its a faulty cable that is like tangled with the speaker's and then when you plug the speakers in the wires come together and when they're out, then ur connection is dead.

Hmmm...

My C-Media card is a wierd one too. You unplug it while the system is powered up and it forgets all about having a sound card installed.
If the plug was in some but not all the way it may have been shorting out the card. Maybe the short on the card was dragging down the pci buss just enough to cripple the cable modem. You might want to try that on purpose just to see what happens. I'd be interested in hearing the results.
Just had a thought. Is the cable modem and the sound card on the same IRQ? If you knock out one it may knock out whatever is sharing the same IRQ. Hmmm...

Back
Top Bottom