New Computer build .... would it be anygood?

AuBrEy

Solid State Member
MSI K8N Neo4 Platinum nForce4 Ultra (Socket 939) PCI-Express Motherboard (MB-046-MS)
£105

AMD Athlon 64 3500+ Clawhammer 130nm (Socket 939) - Retail (ADA3500ASBOX) (CP-086-AM)
£190

Crucial 1GB (2x512MB) DDR PC4000 Ballistix Dual Channel Kit (MY-041-CR)
£129

Seagate Barracuda 7200.7 Plus NCQ 80GB ST380817AS SATA 8MB Cache - OEM (HD-003-SE)
£40

PowerColor ATI Radeon X800 256MB DDR TV-Out/DVI (PCI-Express) - Retail (GX-044-PC)
£140

Arctic Cooling T1 Silentium Silent Midi Tower Case - 350W Seasonic Silent PSU (CA-000-AR)
£60

Will this play Doom 3 on ultra high? I want a uber leet computer you see I come from a Nvidia 5200 background.

Could I save money?

I live in the UK (£0.55 = $1) and I am buying everything from www.overclockers.co.uk

What CD-ROM Drive are you going to buy and it should play doom 3 on ultra high, I dont know though if your psu will have enough wattage.

I already have one, a NEC DVDR/RW

Well look here!

http://www.overclockers.co.uk/acatalog/copy_of_copy_of_Arctic_Cooling.html

And read the paragraph on it ... it says!

The goal of the Silentium series is to cool a high end system quietly. For this a convential ATX case with a low speed power supply fan is simply not sufficient, since in this case both CPU and VGA cooler must work harder and thus cause more noise. From the beginning thermodynamics and acoustics of the entire system were taken into consideration during the development phase. This is fundamental for building an affordable low noise computer for power users. Therefor the Silentium is the first PC tower case, which in terms of thermodynamics does not follow the ATX standard of the mid 1990's. Warm air emitted from the CPU cooler rise unhindered towards the top of the case blown out out of the case via 2 temperature controlled fans spinning at a maximum of 1900RPM. This stops the CPU cooler from simply churning the same warm air over and over again. The power supply is cooled via 2 temperature controlled fans spinning at a maximum of 1900RPM. Thanks to the lower position of the power supply a smaller airflow is sufficient for cooling. This case offers cooling ability for even the highest specification system and yet noise levels remain virtually silent. Included is a Seasonic 350W power supply which is able to provide a true continous 350W and in testing a P4 3.6GHz and GeForce 6800 Ultra system only consumed 230W of the Seasonics 350W supply and this PSU operates silently.

Sounds good?

are you sure RAM is compatible with your motherboard? PC 4000? if u mean ddr 400, then its PC3200. Dont know specs on motherboard..maybe it is supported.

Overclockers is a good choice, they are very good with pricings. Might wanna run everything through ebuyer though. Sometimes they out do each other!

No I ment!

I did mean PC4000 .... is my mobo supported?

Thanks for replying QUICKLY!

Okay .....

I could get a Venice one is it much better, it's a LOT more.

So what are the differences in thePCI slots? and what are they for?

A Venice runs cooler, and ussually is better for overclocking.

PCI slots are used for hooking things up like your graphics card, sound cards, ect.

Ussually they'll say in the specifications of the product what they require.

Back
Top Bottom