Im building this....maybe.

It is ok! But you need to think about this! Buying CPUs as an OEM product is just not worth it. You have only anout 2 weeks as a warranty on the chip compaired to 3 years with a retail version. Also the retail version comes with heatsink and fan to match the chip while OEM versions come with nothing.
Spend the extra $$$$ for piece of mind in the warranty
I think that we already discussed the 939 vs 754 in a previous posting.

all looks compatible anyway.

mind you've other things to get as well... eg Windows (or some OS).

How much are you spending on this?

Also i would have a water cooling system and i would check if i was you that the mobo and case are atx.

What are you using the system for..?

Hmm, I just realized you had a socket 754.. :(
If you want to get a Socket 939, we can seriously hook you up with a beautiful system.
We can either way, but Socket 939 will be upgradeable alot longer, and I really advise you to go with 939. :)

As far as video and sound goes..
Your motherboard has an integrated sound card.. although buying a better one is always an option.
Your motherboard does NOT have an integrated video card though.. so you will need one.

My personal reccomendations are a 6600GT if you do moderate gaming but if you want a really good one, head for the 6800GT with 256MB and it'll last you a while. If you want the 6800, check out this card:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16814122209&ATT=Video+Cards&CMP=OTC-pr1c3grabb3r

Now, your probally saying.. Oh my god.. your killing me with these costs.. It only gets better my friend. :)

Just kidding.. but if you do alot of multitasking and / or gaming, I'd reccomend 1GB of RAM. I'd reccomend it anyway.. and if you want very good quality RAM, check out Corsair XMS.. Here is the link to that:
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16820145504

I like the cache on your hard drive.. good choice on that.. but, if you get something like a Western Digital Raptor with 10,000RPM, you'll feel the speed.

Its all up to you, your budget, and your own personal use of this computer.

If you want a gaming computer, and you want to crank this baby to the MAX.. we will all help you.

If you want a general system for moderate use, we'll help as well..

Just tell us your needs, and your wish is our command.. :)

Ok, I'm trying to help out how I can, so here we go:
I don't know what your budget is, so I'm trying to stick close to your original price.

Motherboard: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16813130491

Its an MSI motherboard, with enough ports to it, and its similar to what you had (as far as price and everything) but has Socket 939.

Processor:
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16819103537&ATT=Processors&CMP=OTC-pr1c3grabb3r

A AMD 64 3000+ with a Venice core.. also Socket 939 to ensure compatibility.

Now, if you tell us your budget, and you want to get a top end system, we can hook this baby up. But right now, this is your Socket 939 solution.. I think. :)

Ahh, thats a point here i reckon the 754 socket will be going out of date soon same as the interl 478. I would go with a 939, although i only use intel proecessors at the moment.

yeah, totally the 939 socket. venice core too. but first off, whats ur budget? under $1200? anything around that is fully capable of doing some serious perferomance with some good oc'ing, that is, if u want too. lol... if not... but where's the graphic card? do u have one already? gonna use an older one? or just gonna use integrated?

He really can't use integrated though as an option.. because the motherboard I chose and the one he chose doesn't have one integrated.

That would be an unfortunate mistake.. :/

Damn bahawolf, you are one helpful fella, thanks. I dont have a specific budget, but im really trying to keep it down. In the next MONTH I am moving out, buying a vehicle, and having a baby boy! So I have alot of costs coming up, and Im a poor son of a gun. I guess ill be upgrading to the 939 socket, everyone seems to recommend that, so ill take the advice. As for the video card... I dont know if ill be gaming anymore because when I move into an apartment, I may not have access to high speed internet, or I wont be able to afford it.

Back
Top Bottom