Upgrade memory or Graphics card?

ExGamer

In Runtime
I have a 150 to spend on amazon..... I ran into 2 choices...Graphics card or more ram. If i got ram i would take out old stick and put in 3+ the 512 stick i got giving me a total of...2Gig of ram or....I can keep the 768 md of ram i got and upgrade my 5200 128mb graphics card... Im still wondering wich is better...

Hmm 150 quid abouts will get you a decent Nvidia Geforce 6600GT, unless its in dollars of course.

The 6600GT is the lowest i'd go now for a new card. I wouldn't drop any lower since those wouldn't give the right type of performance in new games worth paying for.

Upgrading the RAM would be okay, but after 1gig, you don't really notice much difference in speed unless you run many, and I mean, many programs at once.

I'd personally got for a better video card. That will give you better performance for games than getting new ram would (that would get you hardly any difference). Any card will be better than the 5200 you get now. That has had its day :)

Thanx.. allthough people should bad mouth the 5200 im runnin half life all on high settings....

I'm not saying its bad at all. I'm saying if you bought a new card now, you could easily get something better, and wouldn't be worth getting now.

the 5200 will run games at rather high settings, though I bet the card isn't running in its default Direct X-9 setting for that game, since I heard that, that card is not very good at rendering direct x-9 effects like the water, since its a budget card, and so only scrapes Direct X-9's abilities.
People's problems included having to force the game to play at
Direct X-8 or 7 to have it running at an alright frames per second

I'd go for the graphics card.

You've an aright amount of RAM the now, go with new card!

hmm well im goign to get both of them :) sent my oder in just now
So ill have 2gigs of ram and 6600GT....It was to hard to decide

Thats what I do all the time.. I give up trying to go with one, so I just save up more and kill myself and get the best of everything.. :p

Back
Top Bottom