Forums

The major language for forums is PHP. Try to learn some of that and then you will get an idea of how to make one. There is also the possibility of making one with JavaScript (im pretty sure). You will have more luck with PHP IMHO

Oooh... a forum made with JavaScript? That sounds tortuous. As you said, I'm sure it's possible, but it doesn't sound like a lot of fun. PHP seems to be the way to go.

Haha, a Forum in Javascript? Sounds pointlessly torturous :D

I am currently writing a Forum in a proper Web Development Language though! ASP.NET and C#! Check out my Development Forum if you're interested, I'll PM you about it now actually :p Always looking for people interested!

How to do it however always depends how you think, everybody will make their Forum different if they could make one. Ultimately however, you have to make a Forum to compete with others; and to do that you have to make your Forum, however designed, designed so that the person using it can make it their Forum, not your Forum. That's why its not easy to make one.

Javascript? ummm... yeah I guess. huh!

I have thought about doing this in perl. However, I guess I am just lazy.

If you want a premade forum that you just have to install. check out: cgi.resourceindex.com

if you are looking for some free hosting and someone to install the forum, pm me or visit my forum at the address below and we will talk.

a forum in javascript sounds not only torturous but also insecure!!!

If you're new to the idea of web programming or building forums for that matter; don't worry about writing the entire coding for a forum, get a premade one that does the work for you, ie: phpbb or vbulletin. They are much more simple and have plenty of skins for you to customize.

Back
Top Bottom