Norton vs AVG

AV's are supposed to conflict with each other if you run more than one of them at the same time, and plus, i don't wanna slow down my PC. I think i'm gonna stick with PC-Cillin. It updates quickly and easily, scans quicker than other AV's i've used in the past, and it doesn't slow down my PC, although it takes time to load-up at first. It's not got a bad rep as a AV program either, so i think it's safe to recommend. Thanks everyone for your help! :)

I had an average PC-Cillin experience.. it didn't pick up a few viruses that norton did... it isn't that great.

I'd actually have to remove my recommendation of Norton, and just say go with Fix-It Virus scanner. It is faster. Yes it costs money to get Fix-It utilities... but believe me you get a lot of programs with it.

Giancarlo said:
I had an average PC-Cillin experience.. it didn't pick up a few viruses that norton did... it isn't that great.
really? hmmm.... when i did a test between pc cillin, norton, and mcafee, pc cillin was the only one that picked up some viruses. norton and mcafee both overlooked them. of course, it was i that did them, i used them to infect the resgistry myself just to test how affective they all were, and pc cillin came up on top.

Listen to the title i would go for AVG, as i hate the norton, it is rubbish and doesnt collect viruses.

Yes jac006, i didn't like pc-cillin and I can't recommend it at all. Pc-cillin is the average one for me at least, based on my own experience. Like here is my grade of effectiveness:

1) Fix-It Utilities Virus Scanner/Shield Pro
2) Norton Anti-Virus
3) Avast
4) PC-Cillin
5) McAfee
6) AVG

1 Being the best, and 6 being the worst.

I did tests on all of them, and it was Fix-It that managed to get viruses the others couldn't. Norton was second best. It is just for me every other one missed viruses.

hmmm... thats wierd. what kind of tests? for me, it was pc cillin, norton, mcafee, avast, avg, and then zonealarm trial.

well I had a few viruses saved to a floppy... and i just opened it... it seems pc-cillin just would not get a lot of them... norton and fix-it would.

PC-Cillin? For me, i updated it, checked the config settings, which seemed fine, and then scanned for viruses. Only took about 30 minutes.

Back
Top Bottom