motherboard/vid card/processor help

I was wondering what kind of (good) motherboard I would need to get that is compatible with a Intel Pentium 4 2.66 processor 478 socket. I have looked into it some and there is one motherboard that catches my eye. It is the Abit IC7-G. I dont know if my processor fits on the motherboard and so I want to know that and what good video cards (AGP) there are for it. If you have a better suggestion for the motherboard then please tell me and list the video cards there are for it if it's not too much. I am upgrading most of my computer for the sole purpose of playing Battlefield 2.

Yes, that is the motherboard but if you have a better suggestion please bring it up. I am sort of limited on my budget but I would say it to be around $200-$250, but I will most likely be getting my video card from ebay because it is most cheapest there.

Sorry, the Administrator has disabled the posting of pictures in signatures. It reduces the 'clutter'. Links will also be in text.

Ok, back to the question of the video card problem if you will. What good video card would I need that is $250 or below (please keep in mind that I will probably be getting this card from ebay), is compatible with the IC7-G motherboard, and will work with Battlefield 2 and other games smoothly?

PS. I sort of want a graphics card like GeForce 6800 or ATI X800 but I will go for something similar if those dont work with the IC7-G or are too expensive.

BFG Tech GeForce 6600 GT:
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16814143027

ASUS GeForce 6600 GT:
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16814121195

MSI GeForce 6600 GT:
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16814127170

"Why only nVIDIA?"

Because nVIDIA's 6600 series is the best you can get for your money. ATI has the X700's, but they suck balls. These three cards I showed you should be enough for any gamer's taste. Becides, the 6600 GT isn't that much slower than the 6800 NU.

Thanks Alvino! You've been a lot of help but just one more thing...do you have a suggestion for a good motherboard? If you dont thats fine I just want to know if there is a better motherboard. "More bang for the buck" maybe.

PS. Which one is the best-cooling and performance? Will they work with these specs? Will they fit the IC7-G? I've bought hardware that didnt fit in AGP slots even though it was AGP so I want to be sure before I buy it. Sorry if I am asking too many questions. I just don't want to buy the wrong item.

Minimum System Requirements:
● 1.7 Ghz CPU
● 512 Megabytes of RAM
● 128 MB video card supporting 1.4 shaders

Recommended System Requirements:

● 2.66 Ghz CPU
● 1024 Megabytes of RAM
● 256 MB video card

Hold on, I'll go look :)

EDIT>>> Nah, the Abit IH7-G MaxII motherboard should be more than enough to power your system.

Which 6600 is best cooling, performance?

Nevermind alvino, I have gone with a PNY GeForce 6800 128MB AGP card but thanks for your help!

Back
Top Bottom