AIM Question? (help me please!!!)

SXspeed

Beta member
Okay now, this is really really weird.. Recently on AIM while chatting to my friends, i noticed something that happened exactly after i send a IM to a friend.. Lets say i were to say something to my friend, right after i hit enter to send it, a program opens for a split second down in the program toolbar, and then dissapears.

It's weird, and it kinda has me scared, is something invading my privacy and reading what im saying online or something?

Please, help me out, this is messed up...

thanks.

-noah

EDIT - also, i've already scanned with Adaware, spysweaper, and norton anti virus, and it still happens..

I also tried to get a thing that removed adware/spyware from AIM, and it still happens.. whats going on?

I dont know, maybe you should reinstall AIM or upgrade it if you already haven't. If that doesn't work you could just switch to Trillian.

Exit out of aim and restart your machine. The next time you log on, check your processes to see whats running. Start aim and do what you normally do when you see the program pop up. Then check your processes again immediately when you see the program and see if there are any new ones started.

ksb007 said:
Exit out of aim and restart your machine. The next time you log on, check your processes to see whats running. Start aim and do what you normally do when you see the program pop up. Then check your processes again immediately when you see the program and see if there are any new ones started.

nope, no processes open, :(

this is really messed up.

Check MSCONFIG and uncheck all UNNESSIARY things in your startup. Install, update, an antivirus then scan. Spyware protection too. Update your system.

Back
Top Bottom