Monitor and/or comp shutting off.

pcgodintraining

In Runtime
I have a peculiar thing happening to my pc. It is otherwise running exceptionally well, but for one thing. When the computer's screensaver comes on and then the monitor eventually switches to sleep-mode (Green indicator light switches from green to orange in my case) and I move the mouse to switch it on it WILL come on the FIRST time, but if I were to say, leave the monitor alone again, let the screen-saver switch on and then let it go from that state into sleep-mode, no matter what I do I cannot get the monitor to come out of it without turning the computer on and off. This is very odd, considering that the computer works very very well aside from this. Obvisously it shouldn't have anything to do with the monitor, but must be some sort of glitch who's source I am unawhere of. Any info would be much aprecciated.

Thanks.

On one of my old computers, I had to press the power button to bring it back sometimes.. (Some power buttons you have to hold to shut off rather than just a quick push), and I'd just push it for like half a second and it'd come back.

what os r u running? and what specs do u have? ran a recent antivirus sweep lately? or even spyware?

Got a Athlon 2500+ M, 1024 Ram, West dig 160 gig Sata, Mx 4000 vid card, Asus a7n8x-E dx mobo. Windows Xp pro. Got win patrol and spyware blaster.

Back
Top Bottom