Not sure which video card to get

better go with the nvidia. the x800 is good, but i think you'd really be statisfied with the 256 mb version. the 6600 is good and thats what i would get. ive seen benchmarks between many cards and so far nvidia seems to be holding out. ati is falling behind. lol, well, in my opinion that is. i have ati and have seen my comp versus my friends comp, and he has nvidia and nvidia was just smoother for him, and it was the same game, same level, same place. hl2, the final level... hehe. yeha.

well, it makes them run FASTER. better... well... lets say you could wear them down pretty quick. better, too, why not, but they wont last as long.

overclockign allows your card do run at higher settings then it previously did. But this comes at a price, usually if you do it too much it will shorten the life span of the component. However overclocking when done right is very good. On paper the x800 is better, BUT, you've heard plenty of testimonials that even though the x800 is slightly better, there are things that make the nvidia worthwhile.

Also, I have owned three different ATI cards over time, and presently do, and I do sometimes have problems with updating the drivers, wether or not it messes something up and I need to uninstall and reinstall the drivers, or something else. I have never owned an NVIDIA card so I can't really comment on personal experince.

Back
Top Bottom