Looking for an Opinion.

I have a Sony VAIO PCG-FRV25. It's a bit big, but pretty sweet. Pentium 4 2.66GHz, 512MB RAM, 40GB hard drive, CD-RW drive and even an ATI Radeon. Only $1200. The only thing is that mine has been overheating. Fortunately, it's still under warranty, but I have it on a cooling pad, and the fan still runs pretty hard all the time. I don't know if that's the case with other VAIOs, though. It's an awesome laptop otherwise.

EDIT> I forgot to mention that I ran my laptop 24/7 nonstop for a long time keeping different programs running. That probably is why it is overheating now. Also, having a Radeon in it creates a lot of extra heat, too. If you don't plan on playing any games, don't get a very powerful graphics card in it. It'll just create a lot of extra heat for no reason.

I tried to find a Samsung Laptop, but it seems like they dont sell Samsung Notebooks online.

Well AMD has no problem handling the same tasks as Intel.. in fact AMD leads in about 3/4ths of the benchmarks and tests.

amen! as it should be, of course.... :D and its funny too. amd is less expensive too... lol.

Back
Top Bottom