Which computer to buy?

sandman6

Solid State Member
What's up people? I hope you guys can help me out. I'm looking to purchase a laptop or workstation mainly for gaming, music, movies, and internet surfing. I'm not an expert nor a novice but I figured this is the place to go for advice. I'm looking to have one custom built (is that a good idea?) and have looked into the Alienware Area 51 7700 workstation all tricked out. Is it a good computer or should I get something else? Thanx.

well if you dont know how to build your own its better but if you do you i would say build your own

sandman6 said:
What's up people? I hope you guys can help me out. I'm looking to purchase a laptop or workstation mainly for gaming, music, movies, and internet surfing. I'm not an expert nor a novice but I figured this is the place to go for advice. I'm looking to have one custom built (is that a good idea?) and have looked into the Alienware Area 51 7700 workstation all tricked out. Is it a good computer or should I get something else? Thanx.

Wow, Alienware? Looks like you're willing to spend a huge amount of money. Well in that case, let's custom build your PC.

Thanks for the reply. I'm looking to spend about $2,500 - $3,000. I wish I did know how to build my own, but I don't know enough at this point to build one. Since my last post I looked into and am now leaning towards the Dell Inspiron GPX Generation 2 Workstation: Intel Pentium 4 770 processor, 1GB of 533 mhz ddr2 sdram 80 gb @7,200 RPM,NVIDIA GeForce 6800 256mb. I figured Dell is more reliable than Alienware and was pleasantly surprised that Dell made a computer with this much power. It seems the more research I do the more confused I get. But I think this the one (and it looks good too). http://www1.us.dell.com/content/products/productdetails.aspx/inspn_xps2?c=us&cs=19&l=en&s=dhs&~ck=mn Check it out. Thanks for your replys.

WOW, that is going to be one super duper PC. If you build it right with compatible parts and don't get careless with the hardware, you can have one hell of a beast that is better than Dell. I'm sure a lot of people on here will help you through the build process. That link you posted is a link to a Dell XPS Gen 2 laptop. Is that what you want or a Desktop?

Yeah, the GPX Gen 2 laptop is the one I want. I appreciate the comment on getting help with the building process if I choose to build my own. But I'm a little apprehensive since I never built one before and I don't think I have the expertice just yet. Anyway, it's a pretty cool computer isn't it?

Ailenware is hugely overpriced. And with $3000 budget you can do huge things. I would suggest buying the parts and getting a friend or hiring someone to put togther the system. Or if you want to have it built for you and come all in one. Go to www.ibuypower.com and get it there. Its cheaper then alienware.

Back
Top Bottom