Windows XP My Computer, My Documents, My Music, My Pictures folders

Hehe yeah in a way, going to start to shutdown does seem weird, and so does this 'My' business on everythnig these days, though I've never even noticed it... so it hasn't really bothered me.

I know why it would bother some though, and it wouldn't do any harm in removing it :p For one thing in these help forums, you won't have to keep saying My hehe

Help assistant "Go into My Computer"

Confused individual "What you mean, yours? Its mine"

Though I can just press a button on the guru clock...does the same thing :p

Instead of having it on the start button, they could have it on a menu that would come down if you right clicked or something like the other menu does, maybe on that. Or like winamp, it'd come down from the top of the screen.

Another kewl feature that i just thiought of for the new longhorn though they probbaly won't implement it. Its my idea :p

is maybe a day yo night theme. Basically why your on the computer, the screen would change appropiate to the time of day, so you'd slowly see clouds going, and stars to appear and the sun to go down, etc. kewl huh? They'd then be different themes that could do the same sort of thing. This could also change some other things within windows too.

Sorry about that, just something that popped into my head :p

Not exactly the same thingthen :p I was getting worried then. I meant it as a Windows Theme, rather than a program that let you look at constellations and things.

What I meant was something that would change realistically from the bios clock, and go from day to night, not as a simulation. Just for something to merely make things a bit more interesting

hummm, thinking of the wrong thing there then :p

it does have a current view thing,
untitled.jpg

thats pretty good, but yeah, to have something on the desktop would look great :)

Yeah, because thats a program isnt it. Looks good though.

It would be good to have it as a real theme though. It could do more things than i've thought of, though thats just some suggestions. Like at night, it could lower fan noises, and lower down lights in the PC for example, or even make them brighter.

If it was linked to the outside world which I expect they'll want to do, it could increase or decrease light levels, start music going, etc.

Maybe even choosing a desktop would be as simple as choosing a location from anywhere, and it'd map it in 3d or somethnig, and change it there in realisticness :p

yeah, that would be soo good... that program that i put up earlier is excellent if your interested in astrology, it does a map of the universe, and goes into detail about quite a few of the stars/planets etc, its really interesting...

that would be really good if they could incorperate that into the background though...

Back
Top Bottom