New login screen info

TRDCorolla1

Golden Master
I just notice recently it has been doing this with Windows XP prof. On my PC after awhile, it will display the main login screen. I don't have sleep mode enabled, just the monitor only. Off to the right of the little pictures, it now displays how many emails I have and how many programs I have running. Plus, since my account is password protected, I have to type that in now instead of going right into it. Before, my account was password protected, but never ask me to type in my admin password. Isn't that strange? I never had that before, but I guess it's a nice little add on. Don't know how it got there because it never displayed that kind of info. I did recently install Norton Ghost 9.0, but how can that relate to this?

Any of you have this kind of setup too?

Yep, I have that. You are/where currently logged on to whatever windows XP name you have (such as admin-your name) and thats why it tells you how many E-mails you have. When you go into sleep I suppose when it wakes up it wants to make sure no one can access the computer unless they are admin. If you were in an office and people could turn your computer on and screw with it, this little add on would prevent that.

Oh. Its just that my computer never did this before. Perhaps a recent install unkinked some features of Windows XP.

I have to edit the post above. My computer didn't go to sleep mode. I forgot I disabled that. It was my monitor that shuts off every one hour if not in use. My PC is kept running in normal mode. The only thing I have going is the monitor shutdown, no screensavers or any king of power saving features. Yes, I waste electricity like a mother but I take care of my monitor though.

Can that still happen? I'll bet if I took off the power saving feature of the monitor, it will still show me that login screen witht he email and program info. Perhaps there is a timed response feature.

I just realized that when I installed Norton Ghost, it was asking me that I also need to install the Microsoft.net Framework 1.1 version. I wonder if that triggered this response? Again, I leave my desk for about 30 minutes, when I come back the PC was still running normally, my monitor was still active because I don't have a screensaver. It was well before it was time for the monitor to shutdown.

When I came back, the login screen was showing on the screen instead of my Desktop telling me I have 9 email messages and 6 programs running. Cool. So I typed in my password again to start working. SInce I have an admin passwork, I wonder if the .net framework work together with that?

Back
Top Bottom