Looking for an Opinion.

if you want 1700 or less i say go with an amd hp. cause now days, you can get really good with 1700 on labtops. or acer. i saw an acer the other day, 1699 and it had some good specs: x600 64mb, a 17 inch screen, and all that stuff. check around. dell is good i guess, but amd my frined. or do u want battery power? cause then its intel pentium m. that'll give u 4-5 hours of life. amd sucks up life and gives just over 2 hours, maybe even less sometimes. so it all depends on what u want. its kind of nebulous dude. please be specific and then we can narrow it down.

my samsung M40 gives me about 5 hours battry life word processing, or about 3 hours playing games... and thats a centrino laptop...

i wouldnt like to have a short battery life... there arent power supplys in all my classrooms, and there isnt one in my common room either, so it needs to be able to last a good 3 hours or so, so it doesnt run out on me...

I like ibm, sony, toshiba, and then it is a toss up as to dell or packard bell, I have no experience with the acer brand so can't really comment on that 1 other than I heard they were not all what they were cut out to be
For what it is worth, I think that anyone that buys a laptop should invest in a M$ original Install disc of whatever OS they choose.
There is so much built in spyware that can eat up resources in all the laptops that i have seen

wouldnt that be a pain to carry around? i just have my laptop and a couple of books, and then go off to the lessons... carrying round a spare battery would be a right pain...

mark thorpe said:
wouldnt that be a pain to carry around? i just have my laptop and a couple of books, and then go off to the lessons... carrying round a spare battery would be a right pain...

Have a laptop carrying case? Typically there is a room for a spare battery. And spare batteries aren't big.

i just carry it around either not in a case, or in one of those thin cases, its a 17'' screen, so the bag that ive got for it has to be huge... and thats annoying to carry around...

the battery wouldnt fit in any of my pockets or anything, thats why i said that it would be a pain, also to change it you would have to either plug it in, or restart... if you just take out the battery and put the other one in, then that would turn off the computer... and in the middle of a lesson, thats not something you would wanna do...

btw, i reccomend agains HP... mine basiclly fell apart about a month after the warantee run out... thats why i got the samsung instead... ive heard great things about their build quality...

Well i really don't think the Turion takes up that much more battery power then the P4 mobile. Still the Turion is much better in most regards. I strongly recommend Acer for its speed, AMD 64 CPU (typically), and construction.

Back
Top Bottom