What kind of CPU do you perfer?

im perfectly happy with my centrino :D works fine for me, dont have any problems running games or whatever...

I love my AMD. It overpowers Intel in just about 80% of the tests and operations... and is a better all around CPU. AMD is just better speedwise, regardless of the greater MHz, better CPU myth.

meh, i havnt had any problems with it, ive never used AMD, so i dont have a clue how good it is...

i had a p4 on my last lappy, and a centrino on this one, and didnt have any problems with it (due to the processer) the last lappy broke because of the crappy HP build... basiclly fell apart about a month after the warrantee ended... :rolleyes:

this laptop has intel centrino, and it is excellent for word processing (at school) or playing games (at home) or whatever else i want to do...

do they actually do AMD in laptops? all of the ones i looked at only had either P4 or centrino in them...

I wasn't addressing you, mark. I was stating my own opinion.

And yes they do have AMD in laptops. I saw some at Circuit City. The Turion (AMD 64 mobile) made a big debut. That'll push the centrino out of the picture I think.

sorry bout that, you posted right after me, so i thought that it was directed at me...

hummm, wonder why i didnt see one... do samsung use AMD? thats what i was mainly looking at when i was looking at lappys...

Well I prefer the Intel's myself. They are good, reliable processors, stable, easy to setup if you aren't computer literate. I had an AMD duron once (my sister now has that pc) took me 3 days to figure out why it wasnt booting when I built it. You had to set the CPU Clock multiplier on the board and given my lack of experience back then was very confusing and that is the problem with AMD's, there is alot of tweaking and configuring to do. Most intel boards have the capability to auto detect fsb speed.

battlecow.

Back
Top Bottom