What kind of CPU do you perfer?

Nik00117

Fully Optimized
I perfer AMDs. I just think Intels aren't that great. My dad has one on his computer its a 1.5GHz and it freezes a lot! I perfer AMD what about you?

Ga.???

What part?

As you can see from the reference wombat made a lot of these AMD/Intel debates wind up being fruitless blow outs. If it's kept civil and clean I won't bother you or the other posters. But if it gets out of hand I'll slam the door on it and quick.

Now as for the cpu I like. My choice is Intel. I have a 2.4 that for my purpose does the job rather well. I like how forgiving the cpu chip is for tempature abuse. I do beta testing and a lot of custom case construction. The built in self defence sensor prevents the chip from burning it self up. Pretty handy if you're not sure how a case design is going to work out. As for proformance doing real work, I get what I want from it. I've had many windows open running different programs and had the cable tv going on the system in the background. It got a tad bit warm but nothing to get excited about.
Now as for your dad's 1.5. I had a 1.6 before and never had a problem. What is being run on his when it freezes up?

yup im loving my AMD ATHLON64 3000+ O'C to 2.4ghz, winchester core. although other than this i've only ever had a 2.7ghz celeron. but i've used plenty of other computers

Yea i'm getting a AMD 3400 which clocks out at about 2.4 GHz. I was looking into a AMD 3200 but Newegg felt the need to take it down.

I think Intel is better when compared with MHz to MHz, but when you put price in there too, AMD is the best deal IMO

i think it depends all on what you want to do with the cpu

i dont think they are really that much different its all based on opinion

well i like AMD because i mainly do gaming. CSS HL2, DOOM 3 and such. therefore INTEL wouldnt do what i need, well it would but not as good.

Back
Top Bottom