slow SBC yahoo! DSL

Well, for me, cable is cheaper because I don't use a phone line. I only use my cell phone. If I went to DSL, I'd have to pay for the DSL service plus the phone line. I'm paying about $40/month for cable, so, if you consider the cost of the phone, it's actually cheaper to go cable. If you already have a phone line though, then it's up to you.

Well they waived the fee for any installation and I don't pay for the phone line (Besides that's already paid for by my phone bill.. I'd paid for it even if I had cable).

Wtf

ok

i dont need to know the prices of the F$@#ing internets

can somebody help me with my prob...PLZ

gesus

im not talking about " o is SBC better than AOL???"

NO

ok...il post my Q again

after turning off Sygate personal firewall , SBC tends to speed up ... now my problem i how can i allow my internet to speed up without haveing to terminating my firewall?

ah ah i had a similar problem... 1 try restarting the router.....2 if u have a double phone jack... one is faster then the other(least that was my case) make shur eu have all filters on 2 anddont use any other firewall but one that comes with windows xp sp2

Exgamer

i have already tried those and SBC is still slow

but i figured the problem

Sygate personal firewall is the problem

is there a way to allow SBC to pass Sygate?

Try uninstalling and reinstalling Sygate? That might help. If not, check their website for support. There might be data on issues like this. Also, contact Yahoo! and Sygate directly. Ask them what's going on. Company's usually bend over backwards to please a customer, so just let them know what's going on, and they should be able to assist you.

Back
Top Bottom