Internet Problem.

wiktorek01

Daemon Poster
I have this problem with my internet connection.
Everytime i run BitComet, i leave my computer and when i come back my internet connection isn't working. I always end up reseting my modem for the internet to work again.
I have no clue why this is happening.

this only happens when you run bitcomet? a lot of ISP's are trying to stop torrent sharing (which isnt working out very well for them) and they will try and shut down the connection if they find someone running it (which is very rare). I can't say thats why, but it is weird that it only happens when you are file sharing with a torrent.

it used to happen before though, like if i was runnin limewire, my msn would just sign me out every 5 mins. And my internet connection would mess up, but not anymore. And all of a sudden it's doing it with Bitcomet

oh, btw i'm using Rogers Cable.

okay, i think i could've fixed it. I went to my Network Adapter Properties and under Power Management, i had the option selected, "allow the computer to turn off this device to save power". Maybe my computer was turning it off when i walked away and didnt use it.

Oh, and another thing. What should i keep the adapter value at? 100 mbs? or 100mbs full duplex? or Auto Negotiate?

okay, that didnt work, i was playing nba live while my bitcomet was downloading, and when i finished playing, i found out my internet connection stopped working again!

it is possible that your modem is crashing, try turning down the number of connections

advanced > connections > max number of glabal...

Back
Top Bottom