Two ISPs, One Router?

If cisco is such a joke then why is the CCIE the most respected certification in the networking field? They dont just give to rich schools...we have some pretty small schools where i am located with cisco equipement donated to them. Your argument is wearing thin.

Jeeze...

This thread was dead back in Feburary and the next entry is in May. TSK TSK. Then it turns in to a heated arrgument over some hardware.
KNOCK IT OFF!!!
I don't think the poster ever got his question answered in the first place. Sad...

i wasnt trying to make this a heated argument, just throwing my opinions out there. I was only trying to help educate anyone that might be mislead by his posts. sorry for causing a disturbance.

CCIE is also only for one vendor! its not worth it when most of the IP backbones use juniper networks routers and routescience optimizers.

and also ccie is only passable for a few people that cna afford 2000 bucks to take it in like only 15 test centers in the world, and the test is anywhere between 16 hours and 3 days long. and if you dont pass it you have to wait a year to take it again.

and thats 2000 for the written and some people will bill the lab test sepaerate.

and shoudup, you brought this thread up again. I'm only trying to tell cisco's truth beyond the hype and media image.

It actualy cost around 10k when you are done with the test. Its expensive...but they are assuming that if you are trying to take this cert that you are pretty knowledgable and are prepared for it. The pay for a CCIE is so much that 10k is just pocket change. I know its for one vendor, buts its the hardest certification to get in networking. Only 2% of people who take it pass it. And if you are going for your CCIE you most likely have more then enough understanding of the other vendors. The truth is that the company has its ups and downs, but you cant say Cisco shouldnt be taken seriously.

but they are too expensive for most companies, only the fortune 500s can afford a decent router from them

and also 10k is damn expensive for a cert!

my teacher took the ccnp tast and missed it by one question: subnetting and there were descrepencies about it too! and he fought with cisco over it and they sadly won. and he was out alot of money.

cisco also has messed up on some of thier tests from what I hear of some recent academy alumnus that state that the test software has errors and descrepencies. one person's test timed out on them and cisco refused to refund them. it was taken at prometric but prometric said they wasnt responsable for refunds, cisco was since its "thier test"

this was a ccnp test that they travleled a long distance to take and they also had to put lots of thier life on hold for it too.

cisco got snotty on the phone with them. I was tempted to grab the phone and holler and raise hell about it. I heard the cisco rep yell at the top of their lungs at my freind!

and this is how they treat people! thats the main reason i dont like them. they are mean on the phone and snap at you if you want refunds or if there are any problems with anything, they try to blame you and get in your face, but if you want to give them money they treat you "fake nice" its horrible!

I tried calling them for router support of a 7200 series and they got snappy with me when I asked them a hardware question about upgrading RAM they said "you arent allowed to know that" and hung up on me!

sometimes they are worse then DELL on the phone and emails! and for someone to be worse then dell on the phonw is soemthing else!

Is isnt there fault your friend didnt pass, he missed a question...they have standards they must follow, he should learn from this and come back stronger passing the ccnp. they have cheaper routers also, they arent to outrageous. they do have errors in the acadamy, i will vouch for that, but thats also why they keep updating to newer versions. Not many companies have acadamies like cisco does...so i dont shun it to harshly. I have never had to personal call cisco for any reason but i find their search function very usefull on their website. Dell is actualy pretty good when it comes to customer service, i have never had a single issue with dell's customer service. if you get someone snappy like that ask for a supervisor, thats what i do. Anyways, i understand why you dont like cisco, but from my dealings with them and from talking mith many network admins, its worth the extra cash to get a cisco cert.

cisco's search tends to mess up on FF1.0.3 and also ciscos website has too much on it and its way to hard ti find things that you need.

dells custoner support was the worst before I called cisco. they are still that way when I had to deal with returning a laptop for a customer.

and the cisco rep, when I asked for a supervisor, they hung up on me. and then I called again, same result with a different rep.

the question wasnt even grammatically correct when my friend didnt pass it and he didnt pass it cause it was incomplete. as of 6 other questions.

the tests were taken round october. and the others round early jan.

and any company that stark raves about thier "all cisco networks" are down more than those who arent full of themselves and boasting about it while they rack in extra bucks for ci$co.

Think what you want but i have never had a single issue with cisco except that some of their questions are worded funny. Thats why you just need to know your stuff and be able to answer the rest correctly. Just like any other network, cisco networks usualy only go down due to user (or network admin for that matter) error.

Back
Top Bottom