Playstation 3 Unveiled!

why do people still use consoles anywaz?

theres lots more you can do with a comp and also your not restricted ether.

and plus consoles are taking forever to evolve becuase of markething.

the n64 was ready when regular nintendo was mainstream.

they just didnt wanna loose money, so they "evolved" slow to suck as much money as possible.

I like consoles because I can play them on my 32 in. TV. instead of my 15 in monitor. And now since the X360, PS3 and Revolution are all supporting High Definition, gaming is gonna look SO nice! :)

Plus they are cheaper than computers. to get the graphics that are going to be on the PS3 and the Xbox360 you would have to pay a couple thousand dollars. i would rather just pay like $700. also you don't have to upgrade every other year to keep up with the games coming out. it's a one time thing.

Yeah talking about them being cheaper then pcs, do you think you could easily use theese 3xibm Cpus in the 360 or the cell Cpu in the Ps3 for a pc? i meen literally take em out and plonk them in a pc? provided ovious cell cpu mobo's came out for the pc ect ect

Wouldnt it save a bomb if you could do it? also do you recon that microsoft will ever release OSs' for the 360? like xp lol

I doupt that would work. they would be so intergraderd that you couldn't get them out.

I'm sure that the Xbox360 will come with a sort of OS already on it. i don't know about the PS3

alvino said:
Yeah, the X360 is run by 3x IBM PowerPC processors that are basically Apple G5 processors injected with steroids. They run at 3.2ghz each.

However, the PS3, as much as I hate to admit, has the slightly better graphics (only faster by a measly 50mhz). Either way, it's going to be a very tight fight for top console because both consoles have very good games coming out. Only time will tell...

Hell YEA!

Yeah to tell the truth, I think Microsoft has just been lasy scrunching up 3 processors together, hoping it'll bump up ratings, and improove speed. They haven't joined them together like a dual or trip CPU, they've just made them share resources so it'll kind of be like Pentiums Virtual CPU, except not virtual, so rather poor in some accounts.... at least Sony have made an effort :p

If you've seen that demo of the PS3, you'll know just how powerful the Cell processor actually is with its amount of inner cores. For instance putting virtual enviroments into real world video, like what they do in films.
Something else that amazed me was a leaf demo and they had all these leaves (thousands of them) blowing in a vortex of wind, and they said that the cell processor was so powerful, it could calcuate the position of every leaf and have a sound channel for each and every one of them simultainiously in full surround (5.1 and DTS)!!!

it'll be kewl when thats released on other platforms too, since the cell chip won't just be on the PS3 for very long.

Yeah an OS has to be on it in some form, but won't be like Windows where you'll see taskbars. It'll have a display going over the workings like the Xbox had with its virtual type world. Even the PS3 will have to use some kind of OS... no idea what though. Wouldn't run without some kind of one...

I already have a next generation console!!!!!!
It's called PC and can do everything the PS3 and Xbox 360 can do and more. Firstly, it has powerful graphics, and with the £400 it would cost me to buy a console, I could make it considerably more powerful!! Not only that, it can also edit video and images, play music, word process and do all sorts of intelligent things the consoles can't!!! Best of all it has this brilliant feature where you can UPGRADE bits as they get old so your not stuck with a slowly aging machine for 3 years before the company decides to bring a new one out!!!!!
In conclusion, consoles are great but for all their hype, they're not a patch on the good old personal computer!

Hehe...actually the next gen consoles will be more powerful than your PC. You know why? Dual and Trio CPU's that have software developed for them in 64bit modes too, which PC's haven't got yet.

Second of all, i love my PC too, but i hate the fact that you have to be careful what games you buy wondering if they'll run at great resolutions, and with consoles you dont have to worry about that.

3rd of all, it just seems more comfortable sitting next to the tv than it is in your room or something next to a monitor screen. Consoles are just much more sociable for friends unless you have a lan set up or something.

Get what I mean? There just an alternative. You'll find that consoles also started off the Media PC world with it accessing TV data and the like.

Back
Top Bottom