info

lurkswithin

Fully Optimized
I really,really, REALLY hate having to guess at what OS someone has or exactly what the error code was.or for that Matter exactly what the problem is.

WTF.....is nothing, zilch so why allow this to be put into a subject field?
We need a heading that should be required to be filled out before a post can be made (at least in the repair forum) that requests that the:
1) Operating system
2) Computer chip
3) Ram/memory
4) Notice: Please note the EXACT error message in your posting
be filled out first.
This will take out a lot of the garbage work of having to guess at something or WASTE BANDWIDTH posting and reposting questions and answers that should have been noted in the first place.

When people go to a Doctor they have to fill out a form stating age and past illnesses and things and by just about any organization that offers some type of help about anything

Why should this be any different.
Why should I or any other tech waste our time. We have jobs and lives and all just like they do. Our time is JUST AS VALUABLE as any of theirs.

Yeah...

Cats knocked mine off the top of the computer. The widgit thing in the bottom keeps saying> maybe.

All humor aside, he's right. A simple list like>

Name: setishock
Date: May 15, 2005 at 13:57:19 Pacific
Subject: Double wide is in phase II...
CPU/Ram: p4 2.4 / 512 ddr 400
System Manufacturer: Clunkers, Inc.

I snitched that off another forum I used to hang at but it serves a purpose. It gives basic info on the specs of my system.

Re: Yeah...

setishock said:
Cats knocked mine off the top of the computer. The widgit thing in the bottom keeps saying> maybe.

All humor aside, he's right. A simple list like>

Name: setishock
Date: May 15, 2005 at 13:57:19 Pacific
Subject: Double wide is in phase II...
CPU/Ram: p4 2.4 / 512 ddr 400
System Manufacturer: Clunkers, Inc.

I snitched that off another forum I used to hang at but it serves a purpose. It gives basic info on the specs of my system.
Hey Kevin... :D

Ooooooooo...

Cut, slash, thrust to the gizzard.

I wonder how they're doing with out us? Or him for that matter?

Re: Ooooooooo...

setishock said:
Cut, slash, thrust to the gizzard.

I wonder how they're doing with out us? Or him for that matter?
I've been to it this morning and helped a couple of people to find things in the Nero manual... :p

Edited for brevity.

Oh I still bounce in and out just to see what they have going on...It is/was a good site but they really just did not have enough mods to keep an eye on the garbage
Seti....doing a great job...keep it up!

with the OS its always WhenDoes (Windows) don't think we have mac user with any problems anymore i remember some but this forum has a few anti-apple members

I think like I have, most people should have computer specs in the sig field.
At least the most important bits...

When people ask, I tend to expect them to have XP now since most do, though I have mine on the old Contorl Panel setup so can asist either way anyways, but would help...

Kage said:
I think like I have, most people should have computer specs in the sig field.
At least the most important bits...

When people ask, I tend to expect them to have XP now since most do, though I have mine on the old Contorl Panel setup so can asist either way anyways, but would help...
There's a lot of wannabe computer specs in some of the sig fields as well ...

If I asked a question about a video or sound driver, you'll have a lucky dip on Win XP as I run both versions 64 as well 32 bit, but then it could be a problem with Linux.

This why I say I'll polish up the old crystal ball if there is no os listed... :D

Edit: Typo...

Back
Top Bottom