Computer Strength Issues

Serani1

Baseband Member
Alright all, I need some serious help with my PC; its an HP a350n (I know..shitty) But anyways I play a lot of online games, more so FPS's and while I am playing I seem to freeze up, its not just on games, its just on my pc while doing any processes, it just does it more often under load. And I've just dusted it all out and reformatted, but it continues to do it.

Any help will do, thank you.

Hmm..you sure its not lag? Does it carry on after a few seconds?

In this case, it could be your connection if its not too an advanced game for your PC.

Check your ping rating while on an online game, lower is better and would mean you'd have less lags.

What connection you on? What video card do you have?

I have a decent DSL connection and a Radeon 9200, it does carry on for a few seconds. But I am almost 100% positive its not lag, because my winamp will lag as well, as well as other windows processes.

Hmm weird... its like the CPU's using all its resources for a few seconds and then going back down.

Don't know what could be causing this. I'd say it could be some kind of spyware or something eating up resources but i'd assume you'd checked for those.

I'd also suggest the RAM but every time I do, it doesn't seem to be the issue, and I doubt that would cuase it to only stop working for a few seconds and start back up again... hmm...

I guess that 512Mb would be on one stick too so yuo couldn't test on just one.

Could you go into the Task manager (control, alt, delete) and check the resources, and what programs are running. Also how much memory there taking up?

I have 2x256 sticks of ram, its not a spyware, just reformatted. There are some processes running, but not in a load its only using 1 of my CPU.

Hmm... I always seem to be saying this lately. Can you possibly test each stick of RAM seperatly and report back with results?

I know it'd be slower with only 256mb though I just want to test for lags with each one...

I don't think its something with my RAM, I tested them and they seemed to be fine, I am having what seems like a power issue; its strange, it just dies for a few seconds, freezes (doesn't shut down or anything) and after a moment it picks up again.

Back
Top Bottom