Motherboard wont show any display?!?

rat_boy_100

In Runtime
Have an 'Epox EP-8KLM2' motherboard here and it doesn't seam to show anything on the monitor. It is onboard video. The monitor doesn't even come on (stays orange light). Could this be fixed by getting a different video card (would have to be PCI) or is this a problem that cannot be solved...The board looks fine

If you want help you are going to need to post much more info. O/S, memory, beeps on boot, etc. Karnak has left the building!!

do any of the lights on the floppy and optic drives come on. Can you hear the fans and harddrive running.
When you boot it up do you get any beeps?

The hard drive does run...but i dont think there are any bleeps...not sure about the floppy etc cus i've just had the mobo and psu lying on my bed running, haven't plugged anything into it until i see it works. CPU is a Duron 750mhz. RAM is 256mb 133mhz.

hate to jump to conclusions here but i had this excate problem with my Nf7-s Herd beeps, Bios Boots, Hdds spinning ect ect but no display. in the end i simply replaced the motherbaord and all is fine now

doesnt sound like an ideal soloution but something like that espcialy with internal graphics are very to fiddle with, what you could do frist is try theese simpyl steps

Use a Agp card, reset cmos see if that works
if it doesnt, replace cpu with a similar cpu (if you have another pc with the same socket)
Re check ram, put it in another pc and run a stress test on it

Hope this helps

got plenty of the same cpu's but didn't cure it...doesn't have AGP so it'd have to be a PCI card (grrr...gotta buy one now lol)

Back
Top Bottom