Looking for a new faith

To me religion is just a sercurity balnket for people that are affraid of death. if oyu think about it every religion you never die. you are reborn or go to heaven...

I don't belive in any religion, i belive good old science and evolution.

yes, Dishdog!
But it is not that I don't believe in it..I just don't follow it. I look at the bible, not so much as a way of life, per sey, but as maybe the first World History book. Science has come a long way and has shown that there is historical fact to times,places,events and the such.
Just seems to me that the author(s) has taken a lot of literary freedoms too.

thought this was a thread talking about a new religion for Speedydowt, not a general religious discussion, ahh hell (hahahaha, how ironic) ill continue
I do not belive in any form of god,I believe the bible is a metaphor for life, i am athiest
However there is a good argument for being religious, basically it is a gamble, you bet on whethere there is a god or not, if there is no god and therefore no heaven, when you die, it doesnt matter whether you are religious or not, sure the athiest is right but they're both screwed.
If there is a god and therefore a heaven, the religious person will go to heaven and the athiest is resigned to the fiery pits of hell, so whatever happens really, the religious person wins.
However I do think that religious people are scared of death, I believe that as it will happen to every single person in the world at some point, you're gonna have to come to terms with it at some point, so why not now, rather than when you are seriously ill in hospital. That (in a strange way) is a comforting thought, because if there is someone who you really hate, or thinks they're really cool and above everyone, just think, someday they're gonna die and be lowered into a hole in the ground (unless, of course, they're creamated). I often think when depressed (which happens more than one would think it should happen to a 14 year old with nothing much to feel bad or depressed about) that the people at school, who are absolute tw*ts or just annoyingly rich, that someday they're gonna die and that just takes all the anger away, and leaves more depression, had that the other week, for about 3 hours I talked to a friend about life, death and the bit in between.

^^^^^^^^ that was complete BS, and nothing to do with what Speedydowt asked for
I think you should give up religion completely if you get bored of it, surely that defies the entire point of religion. You are not prepared for christainity or indeed any other religion if you quickly get bored. Its not about having fun, indeed, im not sure what it is for, someone else explain that

Please note, no offence to any religious groups or people is intended in that, if you think I am a complete arsehole, please PM me on the subject and i will rectify (rectumfy) any problems, if you think I have made you look stupid, then may i inform you I am a thick sh*t and cannot do anything

Religions just don't make sense. Too many, too confusing, too many contradicting rules, too much fightint, it's all pointless.

Wombat said:
The sun comes up, the sun goes down, that good enough for me...

that's amazing,lol.

Giancarlo said:
How can you be prepared for any religion? It is all nonsense to me... it takes more guts to be atheist.

Maybe 30 years ago, but now a lot of people are so it's not that gutsy.

The idea that all religions are bad just reeks of bad education and ignorance...

Not all religions are bad, not all religions believe in fighting for their beliefs or gods, and not all religions even have gods.

it used to be that it took more guts to be athiest, now it takes more guts to actually belive and stand by your religion, and that is especially true for younger people (when I say younger people I mean people under 30, but especially teenagers)...

It used to take guts to be an athiest because it was something people disprooved of, now it's the other way around, religion is disaproved of, and mocked.

Back
Top Bottom