Two ISPs, One Router?

I asked where you got this statistic, link me. Just stating something without the proof to back it up doesnt prove anything. And you seriously cant offend me with these high school remarks you make, so just give up already.

cisco is just a statistic and should never be taken seriosly.

also cisco is number one in the market since they got money from the government and other agencies. they got grants, and didnt build up a real repp like other manufacturers did

also cisco never made thier own stuff. cisco just bought out other companoes instead of makign thier own wireless, VOIP, and switches.

its 3com that is the real innovator, they make thier own products, wireless and all and are the inventors or the ethernet standard, which WANs and routers took off of that!

and also cisco doesnt have good morals ether. they give money to charities and schools and give routers to pre-schools but never help small businesses who actually need them (unlike preschools who never use teh inernet anywaz) acquire them at good prices, instead they actually charge small businesses that arent involved in ISP more and "value" brand them.

cisco also has security issues and I heard of a 8 yr old that cracked thier routers. instantly. and also an 8 yr old has passed the CCNA as well.

thats your "cisco" for ya!

pcmxkeith said:
If you paid attention to technology news you would get somewhere in this world.

duh! cisco pays these "tech mags" off the same as dell does!

cisco is the dell of networking equipment!

athlon64fx said:
cisco is just a statistic and should never be taken seriosly.

also cisco is number one in the market since they got money from the government and other agencies. they got grants, and didnt build up a real repp like other manufacturers did

also cisco never made thier own stuff. cisco just bought out other companoes instead of makign thier own wireless, VOIP, and switches.

its 3com that is the real innovator, they make thier own products, wireless and all and are the inventors or the ethernet standard, which WANs and routers took off of that!

and also cisco doesnt have good morals ether. they give money to charities and schools and give routers to pre-schools but never help small businesses who actually need them (unlike preschools who never use teh inernet anywaz) acquire them at good prices, instead they actually charge small businesses that arent involved in ISP more and "value" brand them.

cisco also has security issues and I heard of a 8 yr old that cracked thier routers. instantly. and also an 8 yr old has passed the CCNA as well.

thats your "cisco" for ya!

Cisco is not that bad of a brand...i was just stating they arent the best. Being as big is the name Cisco is getting, its nothing to be taken lightly no matter who you are. They are secure, and about the 8 year old...i read a security book by a 12 year old, thats very impressive...age doesnt mean anything. Last time we had this discussion you said their OS leaked when infact only a small percentage of it was ever seen in public. Yes, thats a flaw they had, but its a small one. they have bad morals for not giving businesses discounts? You're insane! They give discounts to anyone that takes their course's and like you said...to schools and such. Thats good morals if you ask me. Like i said before, cisco is good equipment, just not number 1.

Also, i would like to see your proof of an 8 year old cracking their routers..i dont believe hearsay anymore.

look, that "discount' is for peopel who pay 170 dollars to take teh test and pass it.

thats only for certified people. and most people dont have ccna.

and why would they give a preschool a router that they dont need. businesses need them more than some preschool who only used internet to be on kiddie websites. cisco is soft towards them and gives to charitites liek teh red cross and others who take money and pocket it instead of giving it to victims.

and also cisco is too expensive, and requires months of study just to configure a router! no one should ever have to endure a struggle like that to program a router. when 3com makes it easy with extensive admin tools, and the like.

and the 8 yr old thing was on a private access site that needs a login to see it. and it was on my firefox favs that got deleted by accident.

cisco may seem nice with the "image" they protray but its all fake. all they are after is money and fame. not innovation in routers and the internet.

First off, they dont just give to pre-schools. They also give to high school and college's for people to learn on. I get a discount for being part of the alumni which was FREE to me. Schools need it more then businesses do so that people can learn. Whats the point of having a router in a business if they cant teach people on it? Also, it does not take a month to learn how to configure it...its pretty simple. They have admin tools as well that are available to configure the router...its not to dificult without it anyways, i can write a configuration in under 3 minutes easy. If cisco was so horrible people wouldnt use them...and that isnt the case. A LOT of large corporations use their routers and switches.

people use them for their "name" not thier products people buy into that crap same as dell!!!

they also only give to rich schools who basically want 'sponsorship" and will improve thier corporate image rather than do it for good.

thats all cisco has cared about. and if you cant see beyond that side they show to the public, your as bad as the ipod crowd and the dell crowd. that cnat see beyond dell's corruptness and weakeness.

cisco is a weak company.

Back
Top Bottom