New speakers!! :D

Ah right :p Still excellent though. I love them speakers. I think i'm starting to like logitech. That speaker system would be better than the system my dad has.

The back speakers are rpetty bad on my dads system though since there just cheap ones, and the only sub woofer is the one on the left and right.
Doesn't have an external one yet. I think that would make a difference though.

I love the fact of the digial display switcher, and i especially like the pro logic 2 (basically will make all music switch to 5.1 surround sound)

EDIT: I doubt the speakers would do what the product demo does though and lift the guy up in the air :p haha thats funny...I can imagine people doing that and breaking the system hehe

EDIT 2: How would you connect those up to something like a gamecube or something which supported ProLogic 2?
Because the video and sound comes off the scart lead, and my tv doesn't support external digital speakers, so how would you connect it? :p

Giancarlo said:
Klipsch doesn't match up at all... I proved that in another thread. Their best cannot even come close... their best were meant to compete with the Z-680.. which is no longer manufactured.

They sounded better then the other speakers i played with at the local shop, personaly..i dont mess with computer speakers...i run it all through my home stereo which outperforms anything logitech has out.

Actually, this might not be true. It depends I guess on the speakers, and then the amp that runs through them. Though i'll take your word for it :p

The beauty of a computer set is that the amp is within the sub, so you know its going to be powerful, plus the amount of digital settings you have, for instance prologic 2 and dolby digital 5.1, etc. Most amps aren't capable of that much, except for real expensive ones

i have about 2k invested in my home stereo...possibly more. got a kenwood amp, kenwood equalizer, kenwood 300 disc CD player. bose sub, bose surround sound stereo speakers, a custom 300 watts rms sub (self powered), and the old school tape deck. (i know something is missing here)

shouup said:
They sounded better then the other speakers i played with at the local shop, personaly..i dont mess with computer speakers...i run it all through my home stereo which outperforms anything logitech has out.

The Klipsch computer speakers don't even come close to the Z-5500, which is also a home theater system by the way.

You haven't heard the Z-5500. Besides more watts doesn't necessarily mean it is better. That's why the Z-5500 zooms past by a lot of home stereo systems.

Kage said:
EDIT 2: How would you connect those up to something like a gamecube or something which supported ProLogic 2?
Because the video and sound comes off the scart lead, and my tv doesn't support external digital speakers, so how would you connect it? :p

It comes with an adapter piece. you don't get the full surround sound i think though. you only get two speakers. if you had enough adapters you could probably get the full surround sound.

Giancarlo said:
The Klipsch computer speakers don't even come close to the Z-5500, which is also a home theater system by the way.

You haven't heard the Z-5500. Besides more watts doesn't necessarily mean it is better. That's why the Z-5500 zooms past by a lot of home stereo systems.

for the most part watts = clarity. The z-5500 looks good, and is probably better then klipsch...i'll give them a listen. maybe i will hook them up in my bedroom or something since i got my home stereo in the living room. It's always nice to have a good stereo in your bedroom :D

shouup said:
for the most part watts = clarity. The z-5500 looks good, and is probably better then klipsch...i'll give them a listen. maybe i will hook them up in my bedroom or something since i got my home stereo in the living room. It's always nice to have a good stereo in your bedroom :D

There is more then watts for clarity.. I mean come on.. I've heard of some pretty god awful home stereo systems in my time... that were like 700 watts... the quality of the construction is something that needs to be taken into account and that's something Logitech Z-5500 excels in (putting Klipsch in the dust).

I played bass guitar and guitar for many years, i know construction is a concern but for the most part the more watts you have the more clear the sound gets.

Not at all. I mean come on.. my 505 watt Logitech system just defeats my dad's 700 watt home theater system. Watts is like MHz.. it doesn't mean everything. I know that as a fact. Sure it is good to have more.. but it depends on how the system is built.

I've again can testify to the fact I have heard some pretty awful home theater systems that have like 600 or 700 watts. I can say for certain my own speaker system are better then those despite the fact they have higher wattages.

You are afterall talking to one of the most dedicated audio-philes on this forum... I've convinced a lot of people... now they want the Z-5500... :D You know who you are.. ;)

Back
Top Bottom