Simple Batch File Help

you could do it in VB with option buttons, im not sure how to, or even if this helps, but it may lead you in the right directio, I apologise if this is no use whatsoever, I promise its not spamming, this would be spamming:
"marmite is tasty"
or something along those line, anyway
What is this program for, what does it do,

yes... it could also be done much easier in c, php and perl...

if you wanted something a little more fancy then you could always go for grahical menus inside of batch file... try havng a look for wbat...

pcmxkeith said:
What exactly are you wantning to do with this script? If you are truing to setup a network i recommend getting your self a server and installing "Kixtart" or Kix32, (login scripts)

Basically it has to be one batch file where you double click on it - it loads and has those three options from my first post. Then you can either type 1, 2 or 3 and it performs the action.

dunno just part of a small piece of work they want us to create for the last week of school.

oh ok lol, Was wondering... Because in all of the networks i setup i used the Kixtart / kix32 bat / exe file.

batch file

here is the code

@echo off
cls
Title Menu
:start
echo Menu:
echo 1. net name
echo 2. dir c:\
echo 3. finished
set /p option=What menu choice?[space]
if "%option%"="1" goto 1
if "%option%"="1." goto 1
if "%option%"="2" goto 2
if "%option%"="2." goto 2
if "%option%"="3" goto 3
if "%option%"="3." goto 3
if "%option%"="" goto 4
:4
echo Please select a number
goto start
:1
net name
Pause
goto start
:2
dir C:\
Pause
goto start
:3
exit

thecoolkidontheblock

P.S. You might want to run that before you turn it in.

very cool...

one aleration

if "%option%"="1" goto 1

needs to be

if "%option%"=="1" goto 1

(thats for all the if statements)

batch

sry...I didn't realize that you need a universal operator for that type of thing. I have been using one equal sign with all of my batch files and they work fine. I think its more optional...?

Thanks for this.

I've just copied and pasted into wordpad and ran it yet when I type in 1 or 2 or 3 it shows me the menu option again

Back
Top Bottom