restart

mcfelpe

Baseband Member
I have this problem with my computer, its specs is p4 1.77 mhz with a 384 MB DDR memory. its video and audio are both on board. it also has one CD rom and one CDRW, 2 hard disk (40 gb and 13 gb) and 300 watts power supply. now the problem didnt occur in the early stages. when my computer reached more than a year then the problem occured. when I play games like NBA live or I open applications like flash or dreamweaver. It will restart without any prompt. even in microsoft word. I cannot work properly because of this problem. anyone got some suggestions?

hehe 1.77 mhz eh? I think you mean 1.77Ghz :)

Hmm...i'm thinking the RAM could be the issue with this. How many RAM chips have you got on the board?

I guess you have a 256mb chip, and a 128mb chip. In that case, take out one of the chips, then test it by opening and closing programs that would normally crash. If that works, put that one back, and take the other out and try the other.

Your bound to find one that makes it crash, and then the worst case scenario is that you'll have to replace one of the RAM chips with a new one :) make sure its the same speed as the one you already have though.

If its the 128mb one, I would get another 256Mb of ram to make your computer 512mb. This would make it a bit faster than you have, plus just seems logical to me

i've seen it happen with over heating, though usualy it just shuts off and doesnt restart...but i have seen this happen before.

Even with word applications?...Wow... I doubt over heating is the case in this in that case.

I would try my suggestion up there. If that works then great :D, if not, we'll see about overheating like Shouup says. Though I doubt its that at the moment.

yeah its 1.77 ghz :D, well I think I already tried that one, and theres no problem with both chips...

Kage said:
Even with word applications?...Wow... I doubt over heating is the case in this in that case.

I would try my suggestion up there. If that works then great :D, if not, we'll see about overheating like Shouup says. Though I doubt its that at the moment.

I'm just throwing out another suggestion...not claiming this is the problem. I've seen computer do exactly what his is doing when loading software like photoshop...thats the only reason i mention it.

Hey its okay mate, i wasn't getting at you or anything. I was just saying I don't think that could be it, though it might be. I guess Photoshop does take up alot of power for an old system though for example. Sorry if you thought i was getting at you

I realize you werent getting at me, i just wanted to make clear i was giving a definant solution...just an example of what has cause a similar issue before.

Back
Top Bottom