Summer temps

hehe well, my room temp is 32 degrees C. i dont mind the heat though.

My comptuer is not running much, though its at 39 degrees C system temp, and 48 degrees C CPU temp...not bad really.

Has risen about 3 degrees C over normal.

What about yours?

i popped the side off one of my PC's to let it breath a bit better, it's only a "break me pc" so i dont really care.

Well I've just gotten a new case...

so my fan count is now up to 10...

2 in the front. 2 on the back.. 2 in the PSU 1 on the processor, 1 on the graphics card on in the side, and on in the top of the case to dispel any hot air colecting there...

Ahhhh. but I hear you say... fans make no difference as they blow the hot air from outside the case through the case... so the components still stay hot...

well I say.. I have the perfect solution... I'm off to the pub to sit in a beer garden and enjoy the hot weather...

Shouup, that won't help your PC. It'd probably make it hotter to tell the truth, because air is circulating rather than being blown out in a closed compartment like if it was closed.

My temps are with my PC with a 120mm one blowing in at the front, a Cpu fan, a hard drive fan, two PSU fans (one blowing in, one blowing out) a graphics card fan, and a 88mm fan blowing out at the back (there was two though one snapped :( ...Hasn't really made a difference though)

So thats 7 fans! Its only in games the CPU temp gets above 50 degrees

Yeah. If your case is well ventilated, to the PC it doesn't matter how many fans you have :p

It just luck that gives yuo more fans, though more doesn't mean better, since for instance if you had fans everywhere doing different things like blowing in and out, you could have a problem where all air is getting pushed around, and hardly any is being removed.

You have to think how air would move before setting up fans.

Like for instance if you had a space for a fan where the CPU one is, it'd be good to have a big fan blowing out hot air, so that air travelled from the CPU one (the one that would get hottest most probably, and video card too) to the big fan exausting heat from inside, blowing out the hot air!
You would then have one at the front or back blowing in cold air, making a circulation loop.

So as long as fans on components are moving air, and something else is pushing it out, you have no problems.

Let me blow you away...

My system has one fan that runs all the time as an exhaust fan. It's 92mm and goes like a bat out of H***. 2 80mm that run part time to actively draw air in otherwise the holes they are sitting over become passive intakes.
Current cpu temp> 74F
Current case temp> 59F

Kage said:
Shouup, that won't help your PC. It'd probably make it hotter to tell the truth, because air is circulating rather than being blown out in a closed compartment like if it was closed.

My temps are with my PC with a 120mm one blowing in at the front, a Cpu fan, a hard drive fan, two PSU fans (one blowing in, one blowing out) a graphics card fan, and a 88mm fan blowing out at the back (there was two though one snapped :( ...Hasn't really made a difference though)

So thats 7 fans! Its only in games the CPU temp gets above 50 degrees

I have to disagree, its brought the temp down to a suitable point. I;ll grab the actual numbers when i get home from work...but i ran the test to see if it was helping and you would be suprised the diference it made.

Hmm...that does surprise me hehe. I used to do taht you see with my smaller case, and it didn't help at all.

I guess it depends on how many fans you have in the first place :p

Back
Top Bottom