folder limit???

Techy Geek

Daemon Poster
Whenever I open the My Music folder, windows explorer crashes and has to re-start, why does it do this, as far as I know it happens to no other folders. Is there a folder limit, beyond which the computer will crash, because it is about 5gb, quite a lot, it is quite important I can access this folder as it contains important files, please help me fix it. I probably have a virus or something

Go into safe mode (press F8 after start up) and see if you can get into the folder. If you can, move them out into another location, split the music files into subfolders.

Hmm you could try splitting it like Wombat says, but no there shouldn't be a limit. I have a 11gig folder but these are then split into different sections...

Do you by any chance have it set as a type of music folder or another type of folder that might use an external program to modify it?

Right click the folder without opening it and go to Properties. Go to the Customise tab. What is it set as, as a template? Pictures, Music? Try setting it to Documents if its not on it already and press okay.

It just changes the way it sees the files, for music for example, it would allow you to play them from the left of the window. but a external program could be messing with this so its worth a go

Hope this helps

Back
Top Bottom