-Open source means it has to be good
-Much more personable
-Extensions
-Faster
-No ActiveX controls = more safe browsing
-Cookie manager, including the option to ask every time
-Allows everything option-wise to be set from the ground-up via about:config
-Developer-friendly

Of course I've skipped many more smaller details, but you get the bigger picture.

top marks there .. yeah i agree so lets look at it this way who likes IE ... lol no one:) (That uses FireFox as well)

Well, just because something is open source doesn't mean it's good. Also, FireFox is actually slower. (You haven't noticed the slightly longer load time compared to IE?) All in all, FireFox does seem to be better though (if I could get the damn tabs to work!).

spank_fusion said:
Well, just because something is open source doesn't mean it's good. Also, FireFox is actually slower. (You haven't noticed the slightly longer load time compared to IE?) All in all, FireFox does seem to be better though (if I could get the damn tabs to work!).

The hot-key for more tabs is Ctrl + T.

FireFOX all the way it is way better I use it because there is some to none exploits as IE has hundreds.

...Andrew...

Yeah, I love them, but the problem is that they don't open when you click on a new window link. For example, when I'm checking my Yahoo! mail, the links open a new window so that your email is still there later when you get done browsing the link that was in it. I would think that these links should be opened in a new tab instead, but FireFox just opens them in a completely new window. I have the tabs enabled and everything. I can open new tabs manually. I just don't know why the links won't open in new tabs as well.

If you need a better example, this forum opens links in new windows. Click on the below link. If you use IE, a completely new window with the new link will open. Now when I'm using FireFox, it does the same thing instead of using a new tab instead. It's really annoying.

www.yahoo.com

spank_fusion said:
Yeah, I love them, but the problem is that they don't open when you click on a new window link. For example, when I'm checking my Yahoo! mail, the links open a new window so that your email is still there later when you get done browsing the link that was in it. I would think that these links should be opened in a new tab instead, but FireFox just opens them in a completely new window. I have the tabs enabled and everything. I can open new tabs manually. I just don't know why the links won't open in new tabs as well.

If you need a better example, this forum opens links in new windows. Click on the below link. If you use IE, a completely new window with the new link will open. Now when I'm using FireFox, it does the same thing instead of using a new tab instead. It's really annoying.

www.yahoo.com

do you have a mouse wheel, or like a third mouse button that you can click? If so instead of clicking on the link you want to open in a tab with the left click button, simply use the mouse3 button. If you have a mouse wheel put the mouse cursor over the link and click down with the mouse wheel. This will cause the link to open in a new window.

Back
Top Bottom