Looking for a new faith

try buddhism...

it's not so much a strict religion based on prayer so much as a set of ideas and concepts based on karmas and enlightenment.

Bored of Christinanity? I didn't think you could get bored of a religion and just change it like that. Wouldn't that be doing something wrong in terms of it?
Couldn't advise another though, sorry :p

I can't really speak though, I don't believe in any either

Kage said:
Bored of Christinanity? I didn't think you could get bored of a religion and just change it like that. Wouldn't that be doing something wrong in terms of it?

if he's leaving it anyway i dont think he's going to care that he may be offending some minister! :D

hehe okay then, still bit weird though :p
I thoguht christinanity was all about keeping with it.
Wouldn't changing it like that actually be a problem in terms of god and how things are meant to work? With religion in mind of course, and if you believed in that.

My mate who is a christian keeps worrying, saying that I'm going to go to hell if I dont believe, and keeps going on about it, just because I dont think there is a god... I just dont give a hoot.

well I don't believe...

you have to ask yourself.. does your mate actually want to believe and worship a deity, or is he just scared not to?...

I think he does, and i think hes scared to.

Hes scared all his mates are going to go to hell because they don't believe like him. Hes expecting the moon to turn red and for the dark side to turn everyone to killing each other soon...

Hes been a christian all his life though. The way he explains it though, it makes god seem evil lol!

To believe in another, or the act of believing there is good in all things, the removal of "might is right" syndrom, to explain the unexplainable....The developement of HOPE...
These and a few others are the agreed upon ideals for the start of religious beliefs.
All of which has been lost to the power of riches.
More people have been killed in the name of religion than any other reason, yet it continues to prevail. While all other forms of power or political reformendums that use the act of force or violence are scorned and looked down upon, regardless if it is devised to be a better choice "to and for" the masses.
It just amazes the hell out of me how "killing" for any reason can be undesirable throughout the world and detested and condemed for the act of violence...but , in the name of God ,any God...and it is not just admirable but honorable, and joyous to the masses of the region.
Speedydowt,
I wish you luck on your endeaver, But I TRUELY BELIEVE, you are better off believing in your ownself and your own capabilities..Than to entrust your well being to such as that. You KNOW what is right and what is wrong.
If you still have doubts about it and need someone to preach to you...well send me a minimum 10% of your earnings and savings and more when I make you feel good about your slipping. I will be more than glad to do that for you.

Back
Top Bottom