amd or intel

yeah, again, as we've prolly had this discussion many many times, amd pwns when it comes to general gaming and the such of mulitasking and staying cooler and being cheaper. currently, if you want to play games, i say go for the 3400+ or where ur budget goes, whether up the fx-55 is the best in the world, or the 3200 or the 3000 or even the 2800 which arent bad either. dual cores will be the best for just those mulitaskers, espeically the extreme ones. for gamers, it wont make a difference, one or two. actually, one would be faster because of the concentration. yeah. socket 939, san deigo core. indeed.

alvino said:
And Socket 940 requires ECC Registered RAM that is more expensive.

i thought about dual optetrons for my own system a few months back. saw a dual 940 board going on ebay for £2. coulda built a hell of a system - but yes it was the same old problem.. lack of cash.

:(

I've had Intel processors (a p4 2.4 GHz) and AMD (3500+) and I find the amd far better. it should be better obviously cause its newer but the p4 used to stick when doing simple things like clicking the start button! the 3500 runs smooth as!!!!

:D

Back
Top Bottom