Favorite programming language

Status
Not open for further replies.
Variables don't need to have $, %, @ in them :D Most people can get their heads around having Variables which aren't declared with a symbol as such.

Its not really that hard to loop it by whatever you want. My Visual Basic is seriously out of date by now byt if you put in For foo = 1 to 20 and you want it going up in 3s you just put in if boobs (boobs being the first variable that popped into my head, representing a number sorted out at the end of the for) = 3 then whatever, then you end the if and have an if that adds 1 to the boobs variable if its not 3, or makes it 1 if it is. Its not really that hard.

------^------ is it me, or is that really difficult to understand what LK is possibly saying, but I understand the first bit, that is a great thing about VB, no variable symobols needed, I remember in BASIC, I had to use the $ symbol which was a real pain as my old laptop didnt have that symbol on the keyboard (didnt work) so I had to try and dodge them, V. difficult, anyway, VB is the best

please note, your sig should be 5 lines or under
Im trying to learn C++, bloody difficult, ive got a tutorial, even then i can't compile it (ive done a thread on this) i prefer VB as it is a hell of a lot easier. Simple commands such as:
msgbox "this is darn easy"

whereas the current program im trying to do in C++ goes like this
#include <iostream.h>
using namespace std;
int main ()
{
cout << "Hello world!\n";
return 0;
}

that produces only the words "hello world", pretty easy you might think, but after an hour of trying,I still cant get the bugger to work. Im quite pissed off actually. I learnt much of what I know in VB in a matter of hours, but now I have been trying to get my first program in C++ to work for tewo days, with help from the forum, still doesnt work

Java is mine :) It's much simpler in my opinion
Code:
public class Hi
{
   public static void main(String[] args)
   {
        System.out.println("vB code is harder!");
   }
}

If you have learned other languages (i.e., Java, C#, etc..), then no, its not that hard at all (for me atleast). If you haven't learned ANY language whatsoever, then it would be difficult, just as any language really would.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom