Outrageous Conduct

lurkswithin

Fully Optimized
To all those young posters from across the pond...
What Is This Garbage?

Attacks on teachers rise to one a day

By Richard Garner, Education Editor
08 May 2005 A dramatic rise in classroom violence means that teachers are now being assaulted by pupils at the rate of one a day, according to disturbing new figures obtained by The Independent on Sunday.

The rest of the story:
http://education.independent.co.uk/news/story.jsp?story=636540

if im not mistaken the last time i saw anything on the news about children in classes misbehaving it was about a young girl in the states who was taken away by the police for misbehaving.

this may seem a daft question but why do you read the independant if you live in texas?

jay8990 said:
if im not mistaken the last time i saw anything on the news about children in classes misbehaving it was about a young girl in the states who was taken away by the police for misbehaving.

this may seem a daft question but why do you read the independant if you live in texas?
I read the UK papers and I live in Australia, it's called keeping abreast of the news. :D

jay8990 said:

Nothing daft about it! I spent some time in London and met some great people there and have remained friends with them for 40 years. We correspond quite regularly and try to stay abreast of what is happening in each others areas. That is what good friends do.
I posted the article because I was hoping to get a different perspective than that which was presented by the paper. That way a more viable comparison could be made between here and there.
I deal with Children on a daily basis and I welcome all the information that I can gather. That allows me the abillity to maintain a more heathier relationship with those much younger individuals that I am associated with.

aright, well there aint one attack a day at my school. someone did try stab the pe teacher a few months back though.

some people are just mad though! am so glad i've left now, well 2 more exams and i've left! :D

it's tragic but it's true... many many supposadly respected teachers are assulted on a daily basis, what the report fails to take into account is the amount of assults that go unreported..

my mum for instance works in a school, and she's ben verbally abused by kids. bitten scratched punched and kicked... had starionary chairs and even computers thrown at her...

did I forget to mention the schoolshe works in is a primary school catering ages 4 - 12?

public behaviour in britain, (in schools and the streeys) is at an all time low... with people who should be locked away for their behavior freely roaming around doing whatever the hell they like..

The problem is mainly how these kids are being taught by their parents. If their parents don't control them, it's useless.

alvino said:
The problem is mainly how these kids are being taught by their parents. If their parents don't control them, it's useless.

Control them is tough - they'd rebel and even kill you if you go too far. Corporal punishment used to be a useful tool until the Court intervened. What's wrong with the old saying "Spare the rod, spoil the child"?

Yes i know what you are refering to. It is as bad everywhere....
Middle schools have gotten the nickname of Gladiator School.
The great (huhh, huhhh) leaders here are about to step in and clarify the corproral punishment rules.
This will supposedly give the parents back the right to control their children with out fear of Child Protection Services.
It will also stop the false reporting of child abuse by children just because they couldn't do what ever it was they wanted to do.
Just have to wait and see what developes from it.

Back
Top Bottom