is this for real?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lurkwithin, you can't report this to the FBI. They have plenty of other things to do. They will just ignore it. I get these emails and I simply trash them. People make it more complicated then it seems. Don't be an idiot and respond.. just send it to the trash can. I mean come on.. report it to the police, report it to the FBI.. talk about over-reaction.

Um...

The FBI does want you to report this scam to them. It robs a lot of folks that don't know better. I have gotten this in the past and everytime I forward a copy to the Feds.

got another:

Foreign Affairs Committee,
House of Commons,
London SW1A 0AA
Telephone: +44-7040112689
Fax: +44-700594284
E-mail: jamessmithja@yahoo.co.uk

I DR. JAMES SMITH, Head of the Foreign Affairs Committee
and Contract investigation committee London United
Kingdom.

I have contacted you to partake in Business Transaction
that will favor both of us and my colleagues.

Presently the Contract Investigation Committee
London-United Kingdom has just reached a new resolution to
Pay all the Pending Foreign Contractors this beginning of
the year 2005; which I will demand for your information
to enlist you among the unpaid contractors that will be
paid this year.

After your information has been alleged by the Board of
Director in charge; the sum of £15Million Pounds will be
paid into any Bank Account which you provide.

NOTE: For your Assistance in this Transaction; we are
willing to compensate you with 30% of the total funds
after conclusion of the Transaction.

I guarantee that there will be no Bureaucracy or Misfortune
on this.

PLEASE YOU PROVIDE YOUR FULL INFORMATION SUCH AS STATED
BELOW,

[1] NAME:
[2] ADDRESS:
[3] AGE:
[4] SEX:
[5] TELEPHONE:
[6] FAX:
[7] OCCUPATION STATUS:
[8] YOUR BANK INFORMATION:

Also be informed that this Transaction will take us just 15
working days to accomplish beginning from when I receive
your Data's.

MAKE SURE YOU CALL ME ON +44-7040112689 FOR A VOICE
CONVERSATION, SO THAT I CAN ADVICE YOU MORE ON WHAT NEXT
TO DO...

Please let Confidentiality be the bedrest of this
transaction for our own success. Hope to hear from you.

Best regards,

Dr. James Smith & Colleagues.

After your information has been alleged by the Board of Director in charge; the sum of £15Million Pounds will be paid into any Bank Account which you provide.

Yeh right...

dog_laugh.gif

Its probally the same person... ;)

See, they want you to reply and get interested so your trapped.. but unless you do, your generally safe. :)

Giancarlo said:
Lurkwithin, you can't report this to the FBI. They have plenty of other things to do. They will just ignore it. I get these emails and I simply trash them. People make it more complicated then it seems. Don't be an idiot and respond.. just send it to the trash can. I mean come on.. report it to the police, report it to the FBI.. talk about over-reaction.

Wow for someone that claims to be up on everything Giancarlo, you sure missed the boat on this one.

right off the FBI page:
[font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][size=-1]Some Tips to Avoid Nigerian Letter or "419" Fraud:[/size][/font]​

• [font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][size=-1]If you receive a letter from Nigeria asking you to send personal or banking information, do not reply in any manner. Send the letter to the U.S. Secret Service or the FBI. [/size][/font]​
  • [font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][size=-1]If you know someone who is corresponding in one of these schemes, encourage that person to contact the FBI or the U.S. Secret Service as soon as possible.[/size][/font]​
  • [font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][size=-1]Be skeptical of individuals representing themselves as Nigerian or foreign government officials asking for your help in placing large sums of money in overseas bank accounts.[/size][/font]​
  • [font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][size=-1]Do not believe the promise of large sums of money for your cooperation.[/size][/font]​
  • [font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][size=-1]Guard your account information carefully.[/size][/font]​

"If you receive a letter from Nigeria asking you to send personal or banking information, do not reply in any manner. Send the letter to the U.S. Secret Service or the FBI."

The FBI unfortunately already received this type of email. Tracking emails is more difficult then tracking cell phones because of something called IP spoofing. You are the one misisng the boat. Just trash the email, and stop being foolish. besides I know more about law enforcement then you do in these matters. It is nearly impossible to track these emails down.

Giancarlo said:
...besides I know more about law enforcement then you do in these matters. It is nearly impossible to track these emails down.
Knowing all this sh*t, you must be about 300 years old...

dog_laugh.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom