Net Send Help Please

Status
Not open for further replies.
i forgot, you make $250/hr ;). Look at my certs, do any of them mention anything about website design, no. I've done plenty in my day but websites arent really my thing anymore. I did a lot of websites for local bands, a couple for local businesses, and one for a group of people doing a "make-over" of our down town area. But seriously, stop trying to make everything a competition...get some knowledge, mature a little bit, then come talk to me.

Lol, Keith... so your letting him push the company around eh? Well.. i got news for the both of you.

Girls, stop the fighting.

Just wanting to see what your doing and besides theres no reason to be fighting about that. We know who owns at networks don't we?

pcmxkeith said:
Also, The question, : Router or no router.
I dont think that it is even the question. It seems that he is getting an IP address from a DCHP of some type, a router if you will. Because there are two other computers in the workgroup that he described. I dont think that he would see anyone in the same workgroup if he would have had an IP address assigned from an ISP to his Cable/DSL modem. As I said before, a workgroup wouldn't span across a subnet.

Unless like you said "In cose cases you can see your own machine as 2 machines. Especially after you change the Workgroup settings." I would still like to learn how this is possible. If you could elaborate that would be awesome.

Right click < My computer / Click properties, Then click the "computer name" tab > then click the "change" then it will have your details

Ok, maybe I wasnt specific. I dont see where you can have two different computer names. You said you can see your machine as two different machines in a workgroup environment. You can only specify only one computer name in System Properties.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom