Arguments!

Status
Not open for further replies.

99nasha

Fully Optimized
Right. Im getting well and truly annoyed about the bickering thats always going on in this forum. Some people are so imature and don't know when to stop. I reckon that we have lost a fair few members becasue of this. Threads shouldnt be locked over some stupid problem.

I propose that the mods issue a warning to the person and if they dont comply they have there account deactivated for a week or so. If they carry on they get it banned for good.

the only problem with that is it's very hard to determin who actually started an argument.

and what is the difference between a heated argument and a discussion.

it's often easier for a moderator to lock a thread than it is to change and moderate comments. or prune individual comments from threads.

A three strike type system is also invariably too hard to enforce. the idea being what constitutes as a strike? advertising in the wrong place? swearing? having an argument? I'm not sure I could decide

The mods do the best they can. You usally can tell the differnece between an argument and a debate because when people start to argue they usally end up swearing at each other and saying things that have nothing to do on the topic.

The staff do their best but we need help from the members, if you see an arguement please report the thread with the reason 'Arguement'.

Our AIM or MSN contacts are in our profiles too, so if any one of us Mods are on, IM us.

I'm truly annoyed about how people like lurkswithin are still allowed to post even though they bash people whenever they get a chance.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom